The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Knowing the NHL, if they did this, they would make game 1 of the next round back to back with this game.

Benning actuallg suggested that to the brass - play game 7 on Saturday and then game 1 of the WCF on Sunday

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Go nucks but I think Vegas will take this. It's a hard ask to ask The Canucks to win 3 playoff games in a row 

No, we are asking them to win 1 game. 

It is 50-50 right now with slight edge to Van due to being in Vegas's head and them having all the pressure in the world.

• Like 1

Well my boss is a $&!#head. Thought I'd be finished early for the long weekend but no, that turd throws some EOD $&!# at me at noon. 

What a jackass. 

At least I should be done before the game starts.

I wanted to be predrinking for the game though! Nose to the grindstone.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:
:gocan:

not surprising that they would re-arrange the sched to accommodate a channel that shows a 2 minute horse race.

but...i think everything that has happened so far this year has happened for a reason.  Its like things are falling in place...  this is just another one of those things that might work in their favour!

11 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Benning actuallg suggested that to the brass - play game 7 on Saturday and then game 1 of the WCF on Sunday

I guess they would've preferred the rest to play game 7 to try and advance, even if the cost is a more lacklustre Game 1 of the next series. Maybe Marky would be ready in another day or they could take the chance on Domingue. Now we are depending on Demko for 3 games in 4 nights facing 90+ shots (many more attempts) in the first two alone.

Off to the pub in a minute, get meself game ready.

Those frequent pings sounding like crossbar/goalpost hits, throughout every pk, still got me rattled.

Today's thoughts drifted back to the wasteland of Canuck dourest days, just before Gillis.

Vegas have a great team to be fair; a complete powerhouse of full-on, in-yer-face hockey.

Busiest sticks I ever seen, just how exactly we have fought to a game 7, tho might not be such a miracle.

Seems to me, Vegas' strength might also contain its weakness.

They have a kind of false swagger, all bluster but little class.

Blasting away at teams is an only tactic.  A bully's confidence.

Canuck's are all class.  When elite talent is required, Vegas can't summon it.

Take Toffoli, for just one instance.  When we needed boost, he found it.

Disappeared since, but Vegas underrate him at their peril.  Like Brock.

But any of our present Canucks has it innum to destroy opponent momentum.

We might well get blown away tonight by their blow-hard style, but it won't affect what we've seen.

Our boys have been remarkable enough already. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well my boss is a $&!#head. Thought I'd be finished early for the long weekend but no, that turd throws some EOD $&!# at me at noon. 

What a jackass. 

At least I should be done before the game starts.

I wanted to be predrinking for the game though! Nose to the grindstone.

@luckylager I’m actually your boss. And you’re fired. GCG. 
carnaval bier GIF by Lamme Frans

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Debris on the ice and 15 seconds left. Iginla has the stick knocked out of his hand and he falls at centre. Naslund dashing in. 10 seconds left! Markus Naslund to the net. Stopped...scores! Scores! Matt Cooke cashes in! 5.7 seconds left! And they’re still alive!”

16 years later... it’s nice to see Chris Cuthbert calling the games.

Wasn't Jovo freaking out from the penalty box on that goal as well?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1