The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

I can understand defending the team, but call a spade a spade.

Coaching was absolutely a factor. Falling back and allowing unfettered entries for 3 seasons now. That = coaching. Period. The end.

This team has more talent than the way they are being told to play. That = coaching. Period. The end.

The slow ass entries on the PP. That = coaching. Period. The end.

Don't be surprised when Newel and Nolan are canned. Green might be safe, but he had no answer for what Vegas was throwing us. Well, he had the pursed lipped baby face, if you count that.

I've not been shy about my feeling on our systems, and they are hilariously lowbrow / lowest common denominator.

That might have been fine when we had Jack Skille and Jayson Megna playing 22mins a night, but our stars who flourish with the puck on their stick, are told to dump and chase, and play the system. It's infuriating to me.

Its a foolish tactic.  But safe enough to keep his job.

If you can't read your players, gtfo.

Do the right thing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So that's your take.

How about a team with young/inexperienced players who still fought above their weightclass?  Funny that people chime in now....after the loss.    So last game?  Same coaches?

or giving credit where it is due...

• Upvote 1

This summer hockey was super fun, our youngsters proved they are going to be a force moving forward.  Pettersson was abused the entire playoffs and didn't give an inch.  Our superstar dman set records.  We caught a glimpse of our future rookie netminder.  This team is the real deal folks.  Thanks for the fun summer and enjoy the last of the sun til that nasty rain rolls in.