The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

I knew after the first game that Vegas would gas themselves out. You can't consistently play that way, especially with 2 back to back games in the same series. 

Whoever wins will have to play Sunday, which is 6 games in 8 days. Terrible scheduling.

Let's finish this one out! 

Coconuts Go! 

Edited by Kumquats
Wrong number of games

4 minutes ago, Kumquats said:

I knew after the first game that Vegas would gas themselves out. You can't consistently play that way, especially with 2 back to back games in the same series. 

Whoever wins will have to play Sunday, which is 5 games in 7 days. Terrible scheduling.

Let's finish this one out! 

Coconuts Go! 

Does that mean the winner of game 7 tomorrow is doing a back to back within different rounds. This scheduling has been crazy, and to think some people are trying to say the winner of this year's cup isn't a true winner.

In Demko we trust. Love our scoring touch these playoffs, but honestly without our stellar goaltending we probably get bounced by St Louis. If Demko brings us to the conference finals he's officially solidified himself in Canucks history as a legend in my books. Lol. If this were a video game the Nords would sing songs about his playoff debut.

5 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Does that mean the winner of game 7 tomorrow is doing a back to back within different rounds. This scheduling has been crazy, and to think some people are trying to say the winner of this year's cup isn't a true winner.

They played last night and are playing tonight. And played back to back last Saturday and Sunday. 

My math was off, it's 6 games in 8 days... Wow. 

Edited by Kumquats

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

In Demko we trust. Love our scoring touch these playoffs, but honestly without our stellar goaltending we probably get bounced by St Louis. If Demko brings us to the conference finals he's officially solidified himself in Canucks history as a legend in my books. Lol. If this were a video game the Nords would sing songs about his playoff debut.

It seemed a bit like Demko was in their heads.  They were not shooting with the confidence they had earlier in the series, the looked to be rushing and missing or hitting him.  We need to get the first goal and they will start squeezing the sticks even harder.

• Cheers 2

hope  we come out skating hard if we outwork this team like we have been we can beat them i feel like vegas is tired and sore after last game we were getting good hits in on their dmen wearing them down.  Motte and virtanen are great together very speedy  i expect them to be strong and petey to take  his play to another level tonight. I just hope toffoli and  pearson can up their offense and chip in  will help us knock this team out 

• Cheers 2

Will Lehner want to re sign in Vegas if Fleury gets the start or.. If they lose tonight :lol:. Poor guy just wants to win. Sad part is he isn't the reason they are losing. Same situation as last playoffs when he was with the islanders and they couldn't score. Fingers crossed we can bury them tonight. We deserve a conference final. 

• Upvote 1

Welp, here we are. Game seven. It's been a wild ride and, through the highs and the lows, I'm proud of our boys for what they've accomplished here. If we win, awesome. But if we lose, it's been one hell of a run. We were never supposed to get this far. We were supposed to be a bubble team that MIGHT be able to sneak in one of the wildcard spots before being trounced by one of the top seeds. We were never supposed to beat the cup champs. We were never supposed to bring Vegas to a seventh game. Win or lose, our boys have proven to the league that they're for real. As fans, we couldn't ask for more of them.

What's been really impressive is how they've been able to adapt. They've found different ways to win throughout this run, whether it was with run and gun hockey, opportunistic scoring, playing heavy or clogging up the center of the ice. They're learning how to adapt on the fly, and that's a fantastic sign. What's even more impressive is how good our core players have been. Pettersson, Hughes and the two goalies in particular. They've not only lived up to expectations, but thrived in this intense playoff environment. Again, a fantastic sign. 

So yeah, win or lose, our boys have made BC proud. That said, I'd really like to shut Vegas up once and for all. 

• Like 1