The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I still don't trust him given his history of match fixing.

I think that it's not about Sutherland personally it's about the entire NHL refereeing "system".  I strongly suspect that the NHL tampers with refereeing to enhance the perceived entertainment value of their product in order to sell hockey to non-hockey markets (what else do they have control over?).  And what's more is that they don't even feel bad about it.  They feel like they're just doing what they can to enhance the entertainment value of their product and maximize their profit.  The thing is that the current NHL ownership group has no respect for the game of hockey itself and if they aren't questioned more on just what exactly "game management" means then NHL hockey is doomed to go the way of professional wrestling.  Just for perspective wrestling used to be a real sport until marketing people got a hold of it.  The NHL isn't quite there yet but they are going in that direction.

But anyway f&$% Sutherland and f&$% the NHL "game management" (whatever that actually means), we're going to win despite the deck being stacked against us.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

It seemed a bit like Demko was in their heads.  They were not shooting with the confidence they had earlier in the series, the looked to be rushing and missing or hitting him.  We need to get the first goal and they will start squeezing the sticks even harder.

Vegas is trying to pick their spots and are missing. Reality is they hit 3 posts and missed mega opportunity on lose pucks infront of Demko. Bad bounces are haunting them.

Van scores the 1st goal and watch out. There are any number of forwards on the canucks who could walk away with the game. Demko kinda reminds me of Dryden's first CUP run when he squirreled out the Bruins. Canucks score early and Vegas could be beaten mentally. To the final Four. Go Canucks!!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

Hi All!

I have been lurking on CDC for the past 12 years and finally decided to make my first post. CDC is where I picked up most of my hockey news and knowledge. I even enjoyed some of the trolls here that made my day lol.

I'm so excited for this team and tonight's game!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

I'd say 12 years is a decade of too much lurking, welcome to the fold! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the current run. Nice to see some puck luck, young talent, and hunger making things interesting. Now if we can get Sutter and Pearson clicking . . .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

Hi All!

I have been lurking on CDC for the past 12 years and finally decided to make my first post. CDC is where I picked up most of my hockey news and knowledge. I even enjoyed some of the trolls here that made my day lol.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Welcome. It must have been hard to lurk during the 2011 playoffs without posting.

• Vintage 1

Whatever happens tonight, every member of the team can hold their heads up high.  They have played hard with and for one another, and beyond expectations.  I believe they can push forward but I think we all know how much of a toss up a Game 7 can be.  Defeating the defending Stanley Cup champions and then at least pushing a Cup favorite to Game 7 shows that this team belongs in the discussion as a top team in the league, and what's great is that there's still so much upside for the future with the core being so young and with some very promising prospects coming up.  It's also fantastic to see how well Demko has played.  Really bodes well for the franchise to see such high level of play throughout the lineup.

6 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I think that it's not about Sutherland personally it's about the entire NHL refereeing "system".  I strongly suspect that the NHL tampers with refereeing to enhance the perceived entertainment value of their product in order to sell hockey to non-hockey markets (what else do they have control over?).  And what's more is that they don't even feel bad about it.  They feel like they're just doing what they can to enhance the entertainment value of their product and maximize their profit.  The thing is that the current NHL ownership group has no respect for the game of hockey itself and if they aren't questioned more on just what exactly "game management" means then NHL hockey is doomed to go the way of professional wrestling.  Just for perspective wrestling used to be a real sport until marketing people got a hold of it.  The NHL isn't quite there yet but they are going in that direction.

But anyway f&$% Sutherland and f&$% the NHL "game management" (whatever that actually means), we're going to win despite the deck being stacked against us.  Go Canucks Go!

It is not tampering when you are in charge of the referees. The league creates the rules and trains the referees how to interpret them. They do all this in the public with the general consensus of the GMs. That is what the league does. There is no person in the shadows pulling their strings.   They do it right out in the sunlight. 
Refs work in those guidelines but obviously sometimes have some degree of bias. It is impossible not to. They also need to know who has a tendency to step over the line as part of their job to manage them as well. 
Professional wrestling was never real. It has never been a competition, it has always been more circus than competition.  That isn’t criticism it is just what it has always been.  Wrestling is a completely different thing and is very much still a real, thriving competitive sport. 

24 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

Hi All!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Welcome, not sure you want to come here to pick up any knowledge though :emot-parrot:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1