The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Remember how we got one single shot on a 5 minute powerplay and half of that was time wasted trying to enter the zone because for some gross reason the strategy is to literally stop in the neutral zone. GET RID OF BROWN. All season long the power play was never good because of coaching. It was good because of fluke rush plays or talent just outperforming the $&!#ty coaching they receive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WZRD said:

One of the worst performances I’ve ever witnessed. For this to be a game 7 and this is how you play. Absolutely pathetic. 

You have to see it in context. Back to back gm vs top seed that is deep. A playoff rookie team that went further than expected.

A prez trophy winner team getting shutout in gm 7 SCF at home is less forgivable. 

• Like 1

This is the first time since 94 that I have been this proud of this team.  They have always left me wanting. This team did everything they possible could do which is all we could ever ask.  I hope these guys realize how proud we are of them.  They now get to go home and spend some well deserved time with there families. 

Not only does this team have talent, for the first time in almost 30 years they have heart to go with it. Super proud, you guys rock!!!

GCG!!!!!!!!

Edited by thrago
  • Like 2

Actually the loss makes our cap situation super easy

Goodbye to:

Markstrom

Sutter

Virtanen 

LE (If possible)

Maybe even Brock Boeser.

Sorry But Virtanen did nothing and BB didnt do even close to enough. No passion 

no push out of either of these two. Nothing personal just have fun on another team 

we have bigger plans.

As to the rest WOW what group of guys we have. SO excited. When we get rid of 

the dead weight it will be awesome to watch this team.

• Wat 2

Vegas had their learning experience last year when they blew it against SJ.  Canucks will take from this game in particular that when you get handed a 5min major, you play like your net is empty.  The casual retrieval of pucks after Vegas cleared was a telltale sign of the lack of urgency in the most critical moment in the series.  

Oh, and btw, I really really hope Pearson is unloaded so we can re-sign Toffoli.  Of the 2 it's pretty obvious who the playoff warrior is.

Edited by HKSR