The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, wloutet said:

The one thing the Canucks could not handle with the Vegas team was their (legal) use of sticks. So many times, passes intercepted and knocked down, puck carriers stripped of the puck from in front, the sides and behind. I watched and wondered if they trained at using their sticks so effectively, because they sure were "pests" with them!

I saw this too.   They were strong on pucks when they had it.  It almost looked like they were playing on roids with how easily they took the puck from us and instantly made something happen.   Hopefully TG is going to train our guys to play the same way.

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

I saw this too.   They were strong on pucks when they had it.  It almost looked like they were playing on roids with how easily they took the puck from us and instantly made something happen.   Hopefully TG is going to train our guys to play the same way.

Think time to do some drug tests. :emot-parrot:

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Cancer? Please. That word gets bandied about so much without really hitting on the proper meaning, and this use is no different. 

Tryamkin was never a bad teammate. He never spoke ill of his teammates or tried to sow distrust or malice in the locker room. 

He wanted more ice time and his wife was very unhappy here. He chose to return to his home country. That’s not a cancer. That’s a guy making choices for himself. 

if his wife doesnt want to be here then how is he going to have the mindset to play effectively here?   I want Tryamkin here but not at the expense of disrupting the team.  

34 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I think the players play better without our flip floppy fans

I'd be lying if that thought hadn't crossed my mind while watching the Canucks play in the bubble.  I'm hoping that thought is just silly nonsense:P

I found it kind of strange to watch this series, in game 2 canucks adjusted to Vegas hard forecheck and had close support to make short passes to exit their own zone. Yet after game 2 and throughout the rest of the series they reverted back to having the forwards leave the zone early and go for long stretch passes which ultimately got picked off by Vegas or turned back immediately after a dump in by Canucks. I just find it so weird that they got away from what worked in game 2, controlled 5 man break out and movement up the ice as a team. Vegas always had 1 or 2 more guys in the puck battles and almost always came away with it in every zone and the Canucks just didn’t seem to support each other like they did in game 2. Oh well it’s a learning experience for the coaches and team. Can’t wait till next season!

I was screaming at my TV telling them to support each other but I guess they couldn’t hear me lol

Edited by Petey40

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So true.

Some mistook this for "not showing up" and that couldn't have been further from the truth, the Canucks showed up.  I don't why some fans are just so quick to dump on the team they cheer for rather than simply give the other team credit.  The fact that Vegas was able to keep up that intense, high skating tempo up for 7 games is insane.

When they started attacking them it looked a whole lot different I’m thinking if Green would have gave some rein they might have had a lot more shots but they played it safe and kept giving them the puck so that’s why they ran up the shots.

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So true.

Some mistook this for "not showing up" and that couldn't have been further from the truth, the Canucks showed up.  I don't why some fans are just so quick to dump on the team they cheer for rather than simply give the other team credit.  The fact that Vegas was able to keep up that intense, high skating tempo up for 7 games is insane.

yes it was, but then they have had a couple of years practice, and this was the first time for most of our players, Vegas deserved to win, i will give them that, but the Canucks are just starting out , and our fans should be proud of them instead some are just ragging on them.

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

if his wife doesnt want to be here then how is he going to have the mindset to play effectively here?   I want Tryamkin here but not at the expense of disrupting the team.  

It's hard to say what their thinking (regarding living abroad) is now.  They have had a few years to plan and prepare themselves for a move to NA.  It seems that Tree is ready to leave the KHL for the NHL, but I doubt he would even attempt it if his wife wasn't on board.

• Vintage 1

Dallas and Vegas will pound eachother hard for 6 or 7 games. Islanders or Philly will be pretty tired after game seven. Meanwhile Tampa has been kicking back in the hotel lounge and healing their wounds. How can they not win this.? Especially if both Stamkos and Kucherov comes back. Maybe it´s time to place a bet.

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So true.

How some claim the last performance showed a lack of determination, motivation or willingness is beyond me. In the playoffs. In a game 7.

• Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This should be a very interesting and busy offseason for Benning. His drafting and trades, which were the bane of hockey analytics geeks, proved to propel them through 2.5 playoff series. 

I’m not sure what happened with them getting hemmed in their own zone for extender periods of time during the Vegas series, but it’s clearly something to work on. The team has the skill and speed that they used to compete. They have the goaltending. They’re deficient in size and the ability to use it. 

It’s obvious the goal should be to get faster and better at transitioning the puck. That’s how this team will have to be built.

Too many guys that just couldn’t move the puck quick enough and keep possession, and that cost us.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd be lying if that thought hadn't crossed my mind while watching the Canucks play in the bubble.  I'm hoping that thought is just silly nonsense:P

It also helped that we didn't have to fly all over the place. While that benefits all teams, our travel burden is greater than most, if not all other teams.

• Cheers 2