The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Reaves suspended 1 game

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Peaches make some really dumb posts sometimes - like for example, the posts in my signature.

That being said, you make some really head scratching threads too.

The next year I was proven right regarding Petterssons weight and how the trainers "lie" and say players are heavier or taller than they actually are. 

17 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

Its something, thats not nothing. Hopefully Dallas can take full advantage and kick the sh!t out of Vegas tomorrow. 

I'm hoping Dallas's big boys injure a few Vegas &^@#wads.  I don't plan to watch though. Already cancelled my cable until next season. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Aaron Rome got 4 games for his hit on Horton back in 2011, but was this not just as predatory?  (If not, worse?)

Are you serious? Rome basically ended Horton's career. Not even close to comparable.

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Are you serious? Rome basically ended Horton's career. Not even close to comparable.

Wait...what? Not even close!

Horton played the very next season, and played almost 150 more NHL games (including 22 in the Bruins run to the Finals in 2013), but was plagued with other injuries. He had to stop playing because of a degenerative back condition. Don’t think Rome had anything to do with that.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Reaves has one previous suspension, 4 years ago for boarding. His other infraction was a fine last season for high sticking. Otherwise, over a 10 year career, his sheet is clean. Like it or not, Reaves doesn't have a history of continuing to cross the line, at least with noted suspensions.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's about right. It was a reckless hit, but I don't believe Reaves was actually headhunting.

Also an unpopular opinion (apparently) I hope Vegas beats the Stars. I guess I'm the only one who remembers Benn and Seguin trash talking the Twins on Dallas radio?

Good point about Benn and Seguin.    Dave Bolland also made fun of the twins and attacked the city of Vancouver on twitter, and so I nailed Bolland with stiff shots about Bryan Bickel having MS until Bolland was forced to block me.

I have no problem with Vegas winning the cup so that we can say that we lost to the absolute best.  

Edited by DarkIndianRises

Suspension aside, I really like the ability for the refs to review the play during the game.  That really worked in this case.  It didn't take too long, doesn't leave the refs guessing and makes sure they get the call correct which doesn't open them up to feeling like they need to game manage later if they felt they made an error to even things up.  Normally I am skeptical of more reviews, but this is one area that works well.

• Upvote 1

3 games would've been right.  

- Principal point of contact was the head 

- Motte was unsuspecting/blindsided 

- Motte didn't change body position in the last second  

1 game is a joke. They should just try and knock out the other team's best player with a dirty knee or headshot, it's totally worth it for a 1 game suspension. 

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's about right. It was a reckless hit, but I don't believe Reaves was actually headhunting.

Also an unpopular opinion (apparently) I hope Vegas beats the Stars. I guess I'm the only one who remembers Benn and Seguin trash talking the Twins on Dallas radio?

I agree with both.

I’m not sure why everybody hates Vegas. They are a deep, talented, gritty team, that plays the game fast and hard. They weren’t “handed” a contender, they unearthed talent where others missed it, and made numerous aggressive trades to improve their team.

Sure, they trash-talked us... but when the Canucks were tops in the league they were known for that. Even Reaves - how many times have I seen people on this board propose ways to acquire him? Why? Because he’s such a pain to play against.

The only logical reason to hate Vegas is pure jealousy.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I dislike both teams but my hate for Vegas is fresh.  I hope the NYI or TB absolutely destroy whoever males it out of the west. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

I agree with both.

I’m not sure why everybody hates Vegas. They are a deep, talented, gritty team, that plays the game fast and hard. They weren’t “handed” a contender, they unearthed talent where others missed it, and made numerous aggressive trades to improve their team.

Sure, they trash-talked us... but when the Canucks were tops in the league they were known for that. Even Reaves - how many times have I seen people on this board propose ways to acquire him? Why? Because he’s such a pain to play against.

The only logical reason to hate Vegas is pure jealousy.

most of us hate Vegas, because they are a dirty team,  and no they paid for a good team thru Bettman,  they were allowed to hand pick players from the rest of the teams, while the rest of the teams  had to come up thru the ranks the hard way. this is what Bettman wanted , to be able to grow the game more in the states. i call that ###$

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Baer. said:

Rome didn't end Hortons career  by a long shot, that hit was clean except it was just a tad late, according to Burke, who had a hand in the 3 game suspension. to me player safety got it wrong on Reeves, he was playing on the edge the whole series and i think the refs gave him the benefit of doubt many times over the series. it should have been at least 3 games!

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, bree2 said:

most of us hate Vegas, because they are a dirty team,  and no they paid for a good team thru Bettman,  they were allowed to hand pick players from the rest of the teams, while the rest of the teams  had to come up thru the ranks the hard way. this is what Bettman wanted , to be able to grow the game more in the states. i call that ###$

You can say they have some dirty players, but it's unfair to label their entire team as dirty. They paid an expansion fee and terms that the owners agreed to. I don't think they were complaining when they received their check.

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

I dislike both teams but my hate for Vegas is fresh.  I hope the NYI or TB absolutely destroy whoever males it out of the west. 

I'm firmly on the Isles' bandwagon. My all-time favorite player is Bryan Trottier and the Islanders have always been my #2 team. I also like Barry Trotz and I think it would look good on the Caps if he won with a different team.

That being said, I still want the Golden Knights to beat the Stars....

• Cheers 1