The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks End of Season Media Availability @ Noon

Rate this topic

Rush17

Demko's play and how it works into Marky discussion to Benning:  nice to have two good goalies.  Talked to Marky's agent yesterday...Marky's an important guy/leader/MVP over course of season so figure out something that makes sense...makes Jacob and his agent happy.  Want him back/start working on it this week.

May take:  Glad to hear it (honestly).  With Demko, it gives the team a bit more leverage in a proven option (in limited sample size) through Demko.  Has to be something reasonable or we walk away because we have to think about age/term/how much we get tied in to players.  We should have learned a lot over the recent past and be wary of anything that could impact other situations.

Benning talk of "tough decisions"...."maybe even some young players" in order to see the best fit/give the best chance moving forward.

That part worries me...but I guess there are some things you have to give up to get something you need.  Very measured decisions I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Benning talk of "tough decisions"...."maybe even some young players" in order to see the best fit/give the best chance moving forward.

That part worries me...but I guess there are some things you have to give up to get something you need.  Very measured decisions I'd imagine.

I am guessing one of Jake or Gaudette get moved.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

I love that they're addressing being outshot because they expected it...planned for it.  Eliminate high danger plays and try to keep them outside.  It seems that Dallas took that from our playbook too.

So people who just think they were "all over us" (they were at times)....they were ready for the onslaught.  It wasn't just "OMGOMG" panic.  They had a plan in place to address it...even if it's not the best overall plan.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Right??  Get creative...no wonder the answers are just recycled spin.  The questions are!

Don't undetstand why no body asked him how is he going to mange he cap with Petey and Hughes massive contracts coming up and if he is going to off load some salary.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Don't undetstand why no body asked him how is he going to mange he cap with Petey and Hughes massive contracts coming up and if he is going to off load some salary.

I doubt we'd get much in the way of details so they have to ask questions that sort of "work it in"...with that, some of them are kind of simple.

14 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Can't see it being Gaudette given how thin we are at centre ice.

Stech and Jake are the two young guys that feel like they will likely be casualties of the cap crunch.

free agency could solve this problem. Could probably get a relatively cheap 3rd line C. 

We are a promising team now. Will be cheaper especially with flat cap to find a decent 3C.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2