The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Wildfire Smoke?

Roberts

7 hours ago, kurtis said:

Apparently the whole town is gone ? Hearing this from friends who live in the area?!?!??! 

It's unclear how much of Lytton, B.C. is still standing

Lytton devastated by fire

Colin Dacre - Jul 1, 2021 / 5:31 am | Story: 338729

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/338729/It-s-unclear-how-much-of-Lytton-B-C-is-still-standing

As the sun rises, it’s not clear how much is left of the village of Lytton after an inferno tore through the Upper Fraser Canyon community Wednesday.

Photos and videos from those who fled the flames posted to social media corroborate local MLA Jackie Tegart’s description of “catastrophic damage.”

“Our poor little town of Lytton is gone,” said Edith Loring Kuhanga

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's unclear how much of Lytton, B.C. is still standing

Lytton devastated by fire

Colin Dacre - Jul 1, 2021 / 5:31 am | Story: 338729

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/338729/It-s-unclear-how-much-of-Lytton-B-C-is-still-standing

As the sun rises, it’s not clear how much is left of the village of Lytton after an inferno tore through the Upper Fraser Canyon community Wednesday.

Photos and videos from those who fled the flames posted to social media corroborate local MLA Jackie Tegart’s description of “catastrophic damage.”

“Our poor little town of Lytton is gone,” said Edith Loring Kuhanga

man I hope the province steps in to help these people asap. 

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Tragic. Hope everyone got out. 

There was a guy on CBC who says he saw people get burned,and saying there is defenitly casualties.

Just saw that about ten minutes ago on cbc newsnet. Anyone else see that?

Feel so bad for residents of Lytton.Kamloops had a real scare last night,I didn’t sleep much last night we were blessed with some decent rain,props to all emergency workers working in this unprecedented heat

2 Forest fires in two days in Vernon. Friday night there was a small but spectacular fire near the landfill.

Saturday a fire started on Vernon Hill (called the Becker Lake fire) three km from my house. This fire is still going and we are now on evacuation alert. Some asshat decided to fly their drone and they had to ground the fire bombers for two hours:mad:

I as talking to one of the firefighters today and thanked him for his efforts. The guy told me that he’s worked 174 hours in the last 11 days. These guys are freaking heroes. 

I live on an acreage in the woods, so we are hoping that it doesn’t get windy. Truck is packed up and we are ready to go. Fingers crossed.

59596839-D54B-4349-B1FE-9013F729A865.jpeg

23794987-E2AC-46E9-936A-2BE49360377F.jpeg

F1A49595-5983-44A2-9BAF-CEE2A721B0F3.jpeg

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, PistolPete13 said:

2 Forest fires in two days in Vernon. Friday night there was a small but spectacular fire near the landfill.

Saturday a fire started on Vernon Hill (called the Becker Lake fire) three km from my house. This fire is still going and we are now on evacuation alert. Some asshat decided to fly their drone and they had to ground the fire bombers for two hours:mad:

I as talking to one of the firefighters today and thanked him for his efforts. The guy told me that he’s worked 174 hours in the last 11 days. These guys are freaking heroes. 

I live on an acreage in the woods, so we are hoping that it doesn’t get windy. Truck is packed up and we are ready to go. Fingers crossed.

59596839-D54B-4349-B1FE-9013F729A865.jpeg

23794987-E2AC-46E9-936A-2BE49360377F.jpeg

F1A49595-5983-44A2-9BAF-CEE2A721B0F3.jpeg

Good luck.

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Drove up to Kamloops Thursday to see an ailing family member. A lot of smoke hanging like fog engulfed Kamloops, frankly 10? Minutes north of Merritt and it was horrible.

We were visiting family down Douglas lake road south of Westwold, evacuation order came on Sunday. Family and all animals in Salmon Arm now but woah talk about fast moving.

Honestly amazed the declaration took this long but unfortunately sounds like the announcement is to set the stage for more resources in the coming days where evacuation orders could jump substantially.

A reminder for those of us in forest fire country, meaning everybody;  get and carry in a spare air filter in your vehicle.

The smoke from the fires can plug an air filter very quickly, and a plugged air filter can lead to a stalled car at a terrible time.

• Thanks 2