The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 season lineup ideas

Rate this topic

Alivia

I was brainstorming what some interesting lineups for next season could be. Just what I envisioned and thought was possible. Including some prospects id like to see. What would y'all like to see as some interesting lineups? 

Dont bully me lol

15997320247955106562969191719359.jpg

Edited by Alivia

JV is likely gone.

Why is Motte with Horvat and TT with Sutter?

How will we get rid of Eriksson

LD side looks weak but will see how they step up.

Juolevi will probably be making the jump. His one game looked decent though with low minutes.

Where is Edler gone? He will retire a Canuck.

Gaudette is a great center regular season for the added scoring but post season he is better on the wing.

Why would you get rid of Beagle? He was a beast on PK and 4th line minutes. Him and Motte have so much chemistry together.

Hoglander over Podkolzin? Pod is more NHL ready in my opinion..

• Like 1

I think that's a bit too much turnover and the D looks weak. No reason to get rid of Edler IMO.

Keep Edler, keep Pearson over Roussel (he's a UFA when Petey and Hughes need raises anyways). I'm not sure Hoglander is ready, maybe. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

MacEwan-Beagle-Sutter

Eriksson waived, not sure about Lievo, Ferland on LTIR, Roussel for anything you can get

(See how Hoglander, and maybe Lind look in Camp)

Edited by MattJVD
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Alivia said:

I was brainstorming what some interesting lineups for next season could be. Just what I envisioned and thought was possible. Including some prospects id like to see. What would y'all like to see as some interesting lineups? 

Dont bully me lol

Welcome to the Canucks CDC chat board. One suggestion I have for you is that you do a bit more research on the players before suggesting a lineup. 

This is what I would like to see for 2020-21:

Miller, Petey, Boesser

Pearson, Horvat, Toffoli

Leivo, Sutter, Gaudette

Motte, Beagle, McEwen

Hughes, Tanev

Edler, Stetcher

Juolevi, Myers

two of :Brisbois, Chatfield or Rafferty

Markstrom. Demko (one may be traded and backup brought in for both Cap and expansion reasons)

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Thanks 1

Haha absolutely, I'm in the middle of that right now! There's a few guys I'm not too familiar with yet. I would like to see a little more shuffling in the bottom 6 tho. And hoping they'll bring in- Juolevi, Hoglander, and Rathbone to shake things up if things go well at camp.

Personally, I really don't like Pearson and don't think he belongs on the second line. I think Horvat needs a more interesting winger to make plays etc. I think Hoglander could be an interesting addition- I do think Leivo could be good with Gaudette and maybe pearson on that line? (Gaudette is a center)

I also see one of Tanev or Edler going, considering the talk on contract caps and stuff.

As for the goalies thats a tough choice to me, I want to keep Marky but appearantly its gonna be unlikely also considering Seattle coming in. I think we should pour our resources into Demko and have him grow with the team.

Also i think Motte is underrated and shouldn't be a bottom liner.

10 hours ago, FaninMex said:

JV is likely gone.

Why is Motte with Horvat and TT with Sutter?

How will we get rid of Eriksson

LD side looks weak but will see how they step up.

Juolevi will probably be making the jump. His one game looked decent though with low minutes.

Where is Edler gone? He will retire a Canuck.

Gaudette is a great center regular season for the added scoring but post season he is better on the wing.

Why would you get rid of Beagle? He was a beast on PK and 4th line minutes. Him and Motte have so much chemistry together.

Hoglander over Podkolzin? Pod is more NHL ready in my opinion..

Yeah thats totally possible! This is kinda just a personal wishlist in some regards. I would LOVE to keep Edler and I hope they do but from what I'm hearing its Edler or Tanev due to caps and stuff and I've liked Tanev with Hughes.

See tbrowing Motte up was a curveball I threw in there. I see a lot of potential in him and idk if Toffoli Nd Motte should switch there but i thought it would be interesting. Horvat needs some fresh energies on his line. I really think Pearson should be traded. 

Also Sutter and Beagle are interchangeable to me, I think we keep one, idk which.

And with Hoglander, I've been watching the WJC games of his and honestly he was pretty good and its been almost a year since then. I think he could add some good fresh energy and speed to the 2nd or 3rd line. After camp he may be ready, idk about Podz cuz of his age and stuff. I would love to see him but i don't see them bringing him on as a permanent linemate. I would love to have Juolevi come tho! Hopefully he makes the jump. I really want to see Rathbone as well. Maybe a new vet D man?

I dont know! It's all ideas!

9 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I think that's a bit too much turnover and the D looks weak. No reason to get rid of Edler IMO.

Keep Edler, keep Pearson over Roussel (he's a UFA when Petey and Hughes need raises anyways). I'm not sure Hoglander is ready, maybe. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

MacEwan-Beagle-Sutter

Eriksson waived, not sure about Lievo, Ferland on LTIR, Roussel for anything you can get

(See how Hoglander, and maybe Lind look in Camp)

I hope Leivo will be back but its still unsure right? He could be good with motte-gaudette-leivo ?

Also i live Edler hes been with us forever and hes great at what he does. I just dont know if we can keep him. Maybe edler over tanev then?

I would love to trade Pearson, idk why but im not a fan. He doesn't cut it as a 2nd line winger for me. 

With what you say there i would maybe just do:

Miller- petty- boeser

Hoglander-horvat-toffoli

Motte-gaudette-leivo

Macewan/lind/virtanen-beagle-sutter

It gets harder towards the end lol, I'm not sure what they're gonna do for defence but like I've said I'd love to see Juolevi and Rathbone come play. Maybe trade somebody-we need a shake up down there. 

:)

CORRECTION- would be keeping Edler as he has a no trade clause and 1 year left kn his contract so thats cool. Keep Edler. I thought his contract was up! 

I guess we would have to look into trading Tanev? Its hard to say there's so many opinions on the caps and trading etc. But I think the canucks is becoming a younger team and needs more firepower. Obvs we need experience in there. The defence is hard to say for me. Between Hughes, Edler, Myers, Rathbone, Juolevi and Stetcher; that might be our best group available? Tho idk if its worth getting rid of tanev for a prospect? 

4 hours ago, Alivia said:

Lol really was hoping people wouldn't be dicks I just wanted to have some conversations :huh:

I'm not claiming to know everything just researchiinggg ah

Got to have a bit of a thick skin to be a member on here.B) Probably better to read up on the postings of each player in order to get a feel for the site.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:00 AM, Alivia said:

Dont bully me lol

15997320247955106562969191719359.jpg

I won't be mean but you should check CapFriendly before suggesting some of these thing for example Edler, Alexander "A" NMC he's not going anywhere unless the Canucks buy him out.  That defense is really weak.

Other Notes: I love Motte but he's a 3 or 4 liner.  For example Josh L is an overall better player than Motter.  If TT stays he's not playing the 4th line.  If Hogs makes the team he's not going to start on the 2nd line.   There's a very good chance 2 or more of Jake, Tanev, Sutter, Rous, Stetcher or Beags aren't on the team next year.   Somehow they have to get Bear off the payroll as well.

Getting rid of LE is going to be tough, a buyout doesn't make sense, they could bury him in the minors and save more money that way.  If he refused to report his contract would be terminated.  Maybe if they traded him retained 50% of his salary.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:12 AM, MattJVD said:

Crazy to get rid of Edler IMO. 

It is not that crazy to get rid of Edler, I never liked his play during lean years.  Bonehead plays and tried too hard instead of playing within himself.  He is only good for one thing: experience and ability to play tough minutes and even in tough minutes, he made bonehead plays that hurts us at the importune time.  This playoffs, he did alright but not impressive for that role but he's the best we have for the moment.  I would like to see other defensive prospect play and Raffertry, Rathbone and OJ.  Use him as a bait for trade deadlines.

21 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

This playoffs, he did alright but not impressive for that role but he's the best we have for the moment. 

He was leading the league in blocked shots when we got eliminated.  He took a discount to stay and has a NMC, so it's safe to assume he's not going anywhere.

Edited by King Heffy

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He was leading the league in blocked shots when we got eliminated.  He took a discount to stay and has a NMC, so it's safe to assume he's not going anywhere.

This will be the last season.  Blocked shot is overrated imo. It's zone exit is the most important stats.  Blocked shot is only good if it's redirected to the board and winning that loose puck but if it's caromed to the loose puck for an easy tap-in is not despite the good intentions.