The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers interested in Penquins G Matt Murray

Mackcanuck

44 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

My guess is its Koskinen + (rumoured 1st) for Murray. It would make sense as to why the big ask by Pitt as they are not gaining cap relief in the Murray trade. Downgrade the back up from Murray to Koskinen and gain an asset for it. 

Personally, no one should trade for Murray. Over rated, will be over paid. Force Pitt into trading Jarry. Similar to how TB would have wanted to trade Palat or Killorn but ended up having to trade Miller. 

Palat and Killorn had full not trade clauses. It wasn't other teams forces their hand they had one guy who didn't have a NTC, JT Miller. 

9 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I find it amazing that Edmonton Cannot seem to develop goal tending and have to resort to trading for over paid average goalies 

Murray is overpaid at under 4m with 2 cups? With his down year he won't be breaking the bank on his new deal I wouldn't think anyway. But GM's make stupid signings every year...so its possible!

10 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Why wouldn't coilers just wait for UFA's ?  Holtby, Crawford, Lehner, Marky, Greiss, ect....someone's going to be available eventually.

What goalie in their right mind willingly goes to play for an AHL team in an absolute hellhole of a city?  If I were Murray, I'd go play in the KHL instead of that dump.

Edited by King Heffy

• 4 weeks later...