The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Vancouver Canucks Canada's best chance at a Stanley Cup?

Rate this topic

Canucks_fo_life

18 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We beat Minny, a team lower than us in the standings.

Yeah we beat the Blues but they just didn’t want to be there, much like the Capitals, they were a shell of their former self and they’re Calder Cup runner up secret weapon imploded.

If the Blues didn't want to be there, why would they bother evening the series?  Many said it was over when we lost game 4 and it was great seeing the boys prove them incorrect.

As for Vegas, we had maybe 2 good games, The last 2 game we were getting embarrassed and if it wasn’t for Demko it would have been way worse and showed just how far off we are from contending.

Vegas is in their prime right now and expected to win a championship.  We were (maybe) expected to win one playoff game.  Yes we were dominated at times but we never gave up and were a power-play goal away from winning.  I still maintain that if there wasn't a pause forcing us the play 5 games in 7 nights, we would have won.  That alone disputes your claim of a "turn the other cheek attitude" being instilled into our young core.  I might catch some flak for this but I think the 2020 Canucks showed more heart than the 2011 team.

I think you fell for the old Leipsic on a pig deception. Am I drunk? I was when I posted that but irregardless, no matter how much you may disagree only time will tell which one of us is right.  Heres my prediction: Year we win cup = 2024 + (2 X number of years Green remains as our coach)

I think we'll win before then but you're right, only time will tell who is correct.