The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield V

Gator

20 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Battlefield 1942 still remains the best Battlefield.

BF1942+DC mod.

DC Battle of 73 Easting, or Wake Island with the Harriers.

I loved the Harrier. Nothing else has gotten the thrust vectoring quite so hard to manage as that game. Made it feel like an accomplishment to truly master it.

50 minutes ago, Rubik said:

lol, no... btw, are you promoting your own YT channel?

I find it does. A huge jump from COD lol

They use the actual sounds of the guns and explosions. That mixed with the destructible environments and chaotic moments just gives it that war feeling imo

Edited by Brock Botanen

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I find it does. A huge jump from COD lol

ok maybe i'm just too old and bitter for this type of topic, but what i meant was that i just found it jarring to read that it's like real war... i don't know how old you are, but in movies and games the depiction of war is so twisted and distorted, that it's ridiculous. So no, it doesn't make you feel you're in a real war, trust me, it's nothing like it. Rather It makes you feel you are playing an action-packed video game, which what it is, i'm sure.

Maybe it looks like i'm virtue signalling hard, and i should just ease up a bit, but just couldn't resist commenting in the first place, and now i had to explain myself.

played the crap out of BF2, BF3, and BF4... BF4 is prime BF but I liked the maps in BF3 better generally

BF1 (actually released after BF4) they dumbed it down to get a wider reach and unfortunately it worked

BF 5 got off to such a bad start I completely skipped it but I understand the gun play is much better than BF1 and maybe the best ever. I may pick it up on sale eventually as the next BF isnt out for well over a year yet.

Never touched a COD game in my life.

Edited by AV's Coin

6 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

played the crap out of BF2, BF3, and BF4... BF4 is prime BF but I liked the maps in BF3 better generally

BF1 (actually released after BF4) they dumbed it down to get a wider reach and unfortunately it worked

BF 5 got off to such a bad start I completely skipped it but I understand the gun play is much better than BF1 and maybe the best ever. I may pick it up on sale eventually as the next BF isnt out for well over a year yet.

Never touched a COD game in my life.

Use to play COD all the time but battlefield ruined it for me lol. I played battlefield 1 a bit, but I find battlefield 5 better. It's really a good game, the sounds of the guns and explosions make it worth the buy in itself. It's the most realistic war game out there imo. 

13 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Use to play COD all the time but battlefield ruined it for me lol. I played battlefield 1 a bit, but I find battlefield 5 better. It's really a good game, the sounds of the guns and explosions make it worth the buy in itself. It's the most realistic war game out there imo. 

yes BF gas been noted for the sound design for a while. Graphics are much better than COD as well.

Unfortunately the game is so technical I think DICE has a hard time getting it out in time without major bugs that ruin the game. I think after a year BF 5 is finally in a good state. That is why I may pick it up time allowing.