The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] PWF Josh Anderson future in CBJ very uncertain

Ilya Mikheyev

I like JA as much as the next poster but honestly if the Lotto Line is gonna stick together, I think Pearson & Horvat need a player with some creative, offensive generation on the right-side (broken record here, but like Mikael Granlund...). But if Virt is moved I could see him sliding into the 3rd line RW position and moving up if he can bounce back.

Very tough to imagine the asking price in this COVID off-season tbh, esp. coming off a 1 goal season....

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Wow, let's pump the brakes a bit here 

Josh Anderson is only 26 and only made 1.8 million.  You guys are talking like he's in his 30s and about to cash in on a 5 million/year deal. 

According to TSN, he's #3 on their trade bait list, above Laine.   Listening to MTL's commentators, they want him on their first line to play with Suzuki.  So he's a pretty high profile player...high profile means $$$ and/or quality assets.  That why I say he's too expansive.

I just compared him to JT Miller, not saying he's in his 30s.  As for the Lucic comparison, who is 32, his decline started when he was in his late 20s, so not sure why you think i'm comparing him to a 30 year old.

Also, he's arbitration eligible...so he might not get that huge deal right now if he signs a bridge deal, but if he does, he'll be 1 or 2 years away from full UFA.   If the team that sign him want to buy a few years of his UFA status, they need to pay him for that.  So that contract won't be cheap, believe me.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Could use another forward that uses their size. Too many big guys that peel out just before the hit in the playoffs.

Sure... but how much salary is he going to cost/where is the cap coming from? Who's spot is he taking? 

Lets just wait till his UFA status arrives next summer. With Pearson, Sutter, Edler Baertschi expiring.  We will have to re-up Petey....

But all it would take would be Hughes doing a 2 year ($6 mil) bridge.  Which would be smart on his part.  Luongo would be off the books. The cap could finally be back on the rise.  He could then sign a long term deal at age 24 in a good situation.

And we could pay Anderson more than Pearson next summer.

To van:

Dumba

Firtsov

To min:

Boeser

Gaudette

Min don't get a 1st line center like they want but gaudette has top 6 potential. Not to mention they would have two options to play with kaprisov boeser or fiala

To van:

Rights to Anderson

To cbj:

Rights to virtanen

2021 3rd round pick (conditional) anderson signs with the canucks and plays over 35 games)

Van new lines:

Pearson horvat toffoli 

Miller pettersson Anderson

Hoglander/ roussel Sutter leivo

Motte Beagle MacEwen

Hughes Dumba

Edler Rafferty

Rathbone/Juolevi Myers

Demko

Older back up

Min wild forward lines with boeser and gaudette:

Kaprizov Staal Fiala/ Boeser

Foligno Eriksson Ek fiala/ Boeser

Praise Gaudette Kunin

Greenway Koivu zuccarello 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

To van:

Dumba

Firtsov

To min:

Boeser

Gaudette

Min don't get a 1st line center like they want but gaudette has top 6 potential. Not to mention they would have two options to play with kaprisov boeser or fiala

To van:

Rights to Anderson

To cbj:

Rights to virtanen

2021 3rd round pick (conditional) anderson signs with the canucks and plays over 35 games)

Van new lines:

Pearson horvat toffoli 

Miller pettersson Anderson

Hoglander/ roussel Sutter leivo

Motte Beagle MacEwen

Hughes Dumba

Edler Rafferty

Rathbone/Juolevi Myers

Demko

Older back up

Min wild forward lines with boeser and gaudette:

Kaprizov Staal Fiala/ Boeser

Foligno Eriksson Ek fiala/ Boeser

Praise Gaudette Kunin

Greenway Koivu zuccarello 

Absolutely not

Anderson age 23

19 g, 11 a , 30p, 5 gwg, 63 games

188 shots, 10.1%

59.1% ozone starts

109 hits

24 blocks

41 takeaways, 20 giveaways.

42 pm, -1

18:02 ice time/game

Virtanen age 23

18 g, 18 a, 36 p, 6 gwg, 69 games

150 shots, 12%

47.5% ozone starts

102 hits

28 blocks

37 takeaways, 31 giveaways

41 pm, -4

13:05 ice time/game

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Anderson age 23

188 shots, 10.1%

59.1% ozone starts

109 hits

24 blocks

42 pm, -1

Virtanen age 23

150 shots, 12%

47.5% ozone starts

102 hits

28 blocks

41 pm, -4

seems fair, if we were too trade

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Anderson age 23

188 shots, 10.1%

59.1% ozone starts

109 hits

24 blocks

42 pm, -1

Virtanen age 23

150 shots, 12%

47.5% ozone starts

102 hits

28 blocks

41 pm, -4

Post all the stats you want, to me at least it just doesnt seem to matter what Jake does or how his stats look Coach Green really doesn't want Jake to play in a top 6 role....I mean he had the 6m Loser in the top 6 instead in the god damn playoffs...

Jake will do good via trade or if the Canucks had a different head coach that would give Jake a fresh slate and potential proper chance at playing in a top 6 role.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

wasn't meant as a jab at you if you took it that way i dunno

no - I'm just being cheeky.

I don't mind the way Green utilizes Virtanen - at all.  I like that he moves him up and down the lineup - gives him some carrots in the top 6, puts him on the wing with Sutter in harder minutes, and some 2nd pp unit time.  I'm not concerned about getting him fixed in the top 6 - I think he can be just as valuable in a dual role, particularly if he gets better at both ends of the ice.

I don't see it as Green holding him back - I see it as a slow forge - and I also consider Virtanen to be young-minded - so I think there is sense in not moving him up the lineup too consistently, too early.  I think Virtanen needs to be kept appraised of the need to work consistently.

• Cheers 2