The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] PWF Josh Anderson future in CBJ very uncertain

Ilya Mikheyev

As good as it would be to get a PF winger like Anderson out of Columbus it would most likely cost Hoglander and Virtanen just to start the conversation which is too high because the Canucks will have Podkolzn coming next season and Hoglander is needed to bring his skill, gritt and ability to hopefully play up and down the lineup when needed on a ELC compared to another player on the verge of becoming a ufa that wants a long term deal or test the market while still needing to lock up Petey and Hughes.

Anderson is everything Jake should be.

As long as that shoulder has fully repaired I would let both Jake and Hoglander go for him.

Jake is on thin ice here, and moving Hoglander helps relieve the traffic jam of players about to push forward here.

its a hockey trade.

Especially where a player like JA might not be happy,. Or might not be  putting his game together in JV.

.. or Jake and Sutter to Florida for Ekblad.

Florida needs a 3rd line.

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Anderson is everything Jake should be.

As long as that shoulder has fully repaired I would let both Jake and Hoglander go for him.

Jake is on thin ice here, and moving Hoglander helps relieve the traffic jam of players about to push forward here.

its a hockey trade.

Especially where a player like JA might not be happy,. Or might not be  putting his game together in JV.

.. or Jake and Sutter to Florida for Ekblad.

Florida needs a 3rd line.

Yeah, because moving Hoglander helps remove that dreaded log jam of young skilled players on ELCs. Can't have that in our system.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, oldnews said:

Anderson age 23

19 g, 11 a , 30p, 5 gwg, 63 games

188 shots, 10.1%

59.1% ozone starts

109 hits

24 blocks

41 takeaways, 20 giveaways.

42 pm, -1

18:02 ice time/game

Virtanen age 23

18 g, 18 a, 36 p, 6 gwg, 69 games

150 shots, 12%

47.5% ozone starts

102 hits

28 blocks

37 takeaways, 31 giveaways

41 pm, -4

13:05 ice time/game

Jake is on a similar trajectory and is coming into the season where Anderson broke out,

Yet so many want to give up on Jake and even take on a similar player who may just be older but not necessarily better.

And he is coming off of a shoulder surgery which may affect his play.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Jake is on a similar trajectory and is coming into the season where Anderson broke out,

Yet so many want to give up on Jake and even take on a similar player who may just be older but not necessarily better.

And he is coming off of a shoulder surgery which may affect his play.

I love Jake as well. I think the problem management have with Jake isn't his on ice play, it is his off-ice issues that drives GM and coaches insane. I really hope Jake would get it together both on and off the ice. I think on the ice, he is really improving year after year. Off the ice though, it just seems like he took one step forward and two steps back. Regardless Jake remains as a Canuck or not, I would root for him. I just hope he realizes how much potential he has and how well he could be if he is completely dedicated to being a professional hockey player.

18 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I love Jake as well. I think the problem management have with Jake isn't his on ice play, it is his off-ice issues that drives GM and coaches insane. I really hope Jake would get it together both on and off the ice. I think on the ice, he is really improving year after year. Off the ice though, it just seems like he took one step forward and two steps back. Regardless Jake remains as a Canuck or not, I would root for him. I just hope he realizes how much potential he has and how well he could be if he is completely dedicated to being a professional hockey player.

maybe it's the older posters here who tend to consider him to still be 'just 23', ie still quite young (particularly considering what appear to be his own tendencies) - remembering what it was like to be 23....I'd lean towards at least another year of patience with him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

maybe it's the older posters here who tend to consider him to still be 'just 23', ie still quite young (particularly considering what appear to be his own tendencies) - remembering what it was like to be 23....I'd lean towards at least another year of patience with him.

Jake turned 24 in August but some of the stuff Jake does off the ice is not quite mature, especially compare to others who are around his age like Bo (25) and Brock (23). E.g. filming himself driving which clearly violates BC's traffic laws. That being said, different people mature at different age, and everyone is different.

41 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Jake turned 24 in August but some of the stuff Jake does off the ice is not quite mature, especially compare to others who are around his age like Bo (25) and Brock (23). E.g. filming himself driving which clearly violates BC's traffic laws. That being said, different people mature at different age, and everyone is different.

Exactly.   My son turned 24 in August as well and I'm still waiting for his maturity to catch up to his younger sisters    <_<

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

Exactly.   My son turned 24 in August as well and I'm still waiting for his maturity to catch up to his younger sisters    <_<

Different people do mature at different times. I am only a few months older than Jake myself. I don't consider myself mature (far from that), but I know I would not have done some of the thing Jake did.

4 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Different people do mature at different times. I am only a few months older than Jake myself. I don't consider myself mature (far from that), but I know I would not have done some of the thing Jake did.

I'm excited about what having Miller around will do for him.  He doesn't seem like the kind of teammate that would put up with slacking off and already said that he sees his younger self in Jake.