Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild re-sign Jonas Brodin


Recommended Posts

Dumba is gone as long as the wild can get a young top prospect C in return.

 

Brodin vs Tanev 

 

Left d vs right d

 

Brodin is a few years younger 

 

Brodin is less injury prone

 

Wild as a team are rebuilding, they have alot of work to do.

 

Canucks almost made it to the conference finals after taking out the wild.

 

Minny paid a premium to keep Brodin in a less than desirable market thats rebuilding.

 

Tanev should be about a million less

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Dumba is gone as long as the wild can get a young top prospect C in return.

 

Brodin vs Tanev 

 

Left d vs right d

 

Brodin is a few years younger 

 

Brodin is less injury prone

 

Wild as a team are rebuilding, they have alot of work to do.

 

Canucks almost made it to the conference finals after taking out the wild.

 

Minny paid a premium to keep Brodin in a less than desirable market thats rebuilding.

 

Tanev should be about a million less


They are not rebuilding but rather re-tooling like any other team. They are plenty of teams looking for missing pieces in their lineup but no one calls it a rebuild.  There's no tear down coming.    

 

The Wild were the 6th highest scoring team at 5v5.  Their PK struggled because their goalies couldn't stop a thing.  

 

They have one of the very best defensive teams but got sunk because they had the worse goaltending tandem in the league.   They need a better goalie and that's on the off-season shopping list.  

 

Brodin is a top-4 D and they simply re-signed him. 

 

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Jonas was born in 93, Tanev in 89. Jonas' offensive contributions (incl. while Tanev plays with a &^@#in' phenom) are much higher than Tanev's. Tanev could probably snag 6 if a team is desperate on the FA market, but hopefully this means we can re-sign him for closer to 5-5.25 over 4-5 years.

If he gets the same percentage of cap that he’s currently getting (which is probably fair) he’ll come in at .$5.25m 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way overpayment, Brodin got term as well, should have been 4.5M max. An often-injured, never hit 30 point mark but very solid 27 year old 20+ minute defencemam. 6M is crazy and is going to hurt the team when he's over 30.

 

Let's hope JB doesn't use this as a benchmark for Tanev and hope we get Tanny for 4-4.5M.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Way overpayment, Brodin got term as well, should have been 4.5M max. An often-injured, never hit 30 point mark but very solid 27 year old 20+ minute defencemam. 6M is crazy and is going to hurt the team when he's over 30.

 

Let's hope JB doesn't use this as a benchmark for Tanev and hope we get Tanny for 4-4.5M.

Tanev’s AAV was already $4.45m and he made $5.25m this season.  I think you’re dreaming if you think he’s going to sign for less than $4.45.  I’m still guessing $5.25m (which maintains the current percentage of cap he gets) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Brodin's scoring clip the past 4 years: .32 PPG

Tanev's scoring clip the past 4 years: .24 PPG

 

Somewhat significant IMO

hmm, maybe. Or maybe it was a late season scoring spurt with the Fs playing in front of him.

 

They aren't actuaaly that different:https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=3536&players[]=2459&period=2019-2020%3AR%3A99

 

Seems like an overpayment to me. 

Edited by Robert Long
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

lol? each have 2 goals. One guy has 7 more assists. Hardly a massive difference given their 3 year avg is nearly identical. 

What are you talking about? Career numbers, they don't produce "at about the same rate."

  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

What are you talking about? Career numbers, they don't produce "at about the same rate."

"at about the same rate." - what would you call 0.30 ppg and 0.26 ppg? 

 

Last Three Year Stats Comparison

2017-2018 - 2019-2020

 

 
Search:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
JONAS BRODIN 20 224 12 55 67 4.1 0.30 11 58 0 5 1 3 291 23 84 0 0.0 136 386 21:12 00:28 02:11
CHRISTOPHER TANEV 7 166 6 37 43 4.7 0.26 6 39 0 1 0 3 127 14 67 0 0.0 82 351 19:48 00:07 03:17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...