The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kyle Clifford to test free agency

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Clifford wants to be on a competitive team. That ain’t happening in Toronto. 

I actually really like a lot of their forwards, but their team defense is atrocious.  It's like online keyboard GMs got to assemble a team and just looked at the offensive numbers.  They will do well if they change the culture of their team.  Too much of a loser mentality for too long, and not enough guys that are hard to play against.  Like it or not, Roussel had a part to play on our team and played it well.  No walks through the park when he's on the ice, and it raised the competitiveness of our team.  Unfortunately his play is starting to trail off thanks to the way the league is being refereed....  okay I went really far off-topic there, but I do believe that Clifford could be a serviceable 12th-13th forward on a team....  but we have Zack MacEwen who can provide the same role and is younger.  

41 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

MacEwen.......just saying.  

What exactly is macewen other than an ahler with 1 good nhl game under his belt? 

Hes 24 yrs old. He provided nothing this playoffs. Nothing at all. Has 7 pts to his name.

Cant do anything wrong.

Then we have jake. Scored a clutch goal in a series. Would have had 40 pts this year. He could have been better in the playoffs no doubt.

The &^@#ing devil.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What exactly is macewen other than an ahler with 1 good nhl game under his belt? 

Hes 24 yrs old. He provided nothing this playoffs. Nothing at all. Has 7 pts to his name.

Cant do anything wrong.

Then we have jake. Scored a clutch goal in a series. Would have had 40 pts this year. He could have been better in the playoffs no doubt.

The &^@#ing devil.

Far from the devil. He's a decent third liner with loads of tools and upside but a lack of commitment that's likely going to cost too much cap moving forward, for a non committed player who management doesn't see as 'Canuck material' due to said commitment issues.

I could see us sign him to a discounted $2m+ deal or letting him go. But even if he signs, barring a miraculous maturation, as soon a some of Podkolzin, Lind etc al make him expendable... he's gone IMO.