Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Lightning win 2020 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Final  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Love to see it.  The guy has absolutely zero class and I hope he retires cupless.

You can think what you want, but I disagree. I don't care if he wins a cup, but while I think the Sedin comments by him and Seguin were pretty disgraceful I'm not keen on defining him by one of his worse moments. 

As the captain in Dallas he's plenty involved in his community. Ugly moment or not at least he apologized, never heard anything about Seguin doing so. 

• Like 1

The Lightning do have some important decisions to make, especially on the blueline, this offseason. But I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat as Stanley Cup champions again next year.

Glad Tampa won it. They absolutely deserved it.

Seguin and Benn are absolute tools. Glad they lost in heartbreaking fashion. Sad for Bowness though. 

COVID cup kinda feels anticlimactic but oh well. Off season is officially here!

Tampa was pretty dominant these playoffs. Happy to see them win, but I was cheering a bit for Dallas too. 

I always love watching them hand out the trophies. I can’t recall when I missed one of those, but I must have been quite young. 

• Hydration 1

It will be interesting to see how many teams, who are rebuilding, try to model their team after the Lightning. To be honest, Yzerman and his staff deserve the credit for drafting and finding superstars outside of the first round.

• Hydration 2

I think we can all agree that the best team in the league won.

Let's remember these moments, these are the ones that make our cup runs so memorable. Just like 07 against the ducks, and the rivalry with chicago. 

Our boys will get there eventually, and the ride has officially begun with these playoffs!

• Hydration 1

Lightning deserved the Cup. They've been so good for so long. Finally they win.

Bolts were very active at tdl, spent a lot to upgrade positions they needed help at.

Congrats!

Congrats to the Lightning, they have assembled a very nice team. Yzermen's defensemen grabs the last few years really bolstered their team. They are really going to be competitive for a while. Point is just 24. Hedman is 29. Prospects in the pipeline too. 

I think this Cup makes Stammer a lock for the HHOF.

6x All-Star, 2x Maurice Richard, Stanley Cup Champion, >1PPG.

No Olympic medals.  Probably the weakest part of his resume.

7 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Glad Tampa won it. They absolutely deserved it.

Seguin and Benn are absolute tools. Glad they lost in heartbreaking fashion. Sad for Bowness though. 

COVID cup kinda feels anticlimactic but oh well. Off season is officially here!

I do like Jamie Benn.

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Love to see it.  The guy has absolutely zero class and I hope he retires cupless.

Benn? I like him. Great player.

is it too late to change my cup winner prediction?

1 hour ago, samurai said:

Coach Cooper from Prince George.

Yup I really wanted to root for him being a BC boy but that Tampa game in Vancouver last year where Martel gave Stetcher a cheap shot to the head while Cooper gave Martel props on the bench after he took Stetcher out of the game. I can’t forget that disturbing image of him congratulating injuring one of our players. I can’t cheer for the Ex Lawyer from PG who just won the cup and that is why. But I am happy for Luke Schenn getting a cup after his bro did last year and it was a rough go for him being bounced around the league the last few years.

10 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Maroon wins back to back cups!

i mean so many hall of famers have not won a cup mean while a plug has won two in a row. The league is sometimes not fare.

• Hydration 1

Happy for Hedman. Sad for Miller. Warms me to see Sequin go down, he's a bum. 

I'm more interested in how we  can take advantage of TB's cap situation to the Canucks benefit. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1