The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Pietrangelo to test free agency

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Crazy to think, if we just traded Eriksson and Sutter, we could afford to sign Pietrangelo as high as 8.75M-9.25M, Toffoli as high as 5M-5.5M, and still room re-sign Gaudette, Leivo, and fill out a 23 man roster.

So what would folks pay?

Personally, I‘d easily give up a first, a second, and the rights to Virtanen. That should provide more than enough sweeteners to move Eriksson and Sutter.

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli/Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser/Toffoli

Roussel-Gaudette-Ferland/Leivo

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Michaelis

Hughes-Pietrangelo 

Edler-Myers

Juolevi-Benn

Rathbone-Rafferty 

Demko

Holtby

Pretty much any 23 man permutation of that roster fits under the cap, once Eriksson and Sutter are gone. Even with Baertschi on the books (but buried), it still fits under the cap. Could even afford to add another free agent, if Ferland is LTIR.

Just need to move Eriksson and Sutter.

This would be best case scenario right now.

• Cheers 1

You almost get a feeling like Benning is after this guy given what happened with Marky and Tanev.  The cap hit on AP would likely be around what the cap hit on OEL is.  One bad contract moved out and this is a real possibility.

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

AP would be such a Marshall and a Mentor on our D..    slip Tryamkin into this mix,. Omg

Man that would be unreal:

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Edler Myers

Joulevi Tryamkin

Rathbone Rafferty

That would make us forget who Tanev even was.... Well not really but you catch my drift.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Man that would be unreal:

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Edler Myers

Joulevi Tryamkin

Rathbone Rafferty

That would make us forget who Tanev even was.... Well not really but you catch my drift.

It’s like a whole core of Power Dmen lol.

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Is what we would be getting rid of Eriksson for worth the signing Pietrangelo is the question I am implying.

Gotcha. I think I'd do it but is chasing goal posts in free agency worth it. What if we offered that first for Cernak and see what nexr year brings? Just spitballing.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

It’s like a whole core of Power Dmen lol.

Outside of Hughes, Edler and Joulevi are the small guys at 6’3, haha.  

I just had this feeling that AP wasn’t even considering Van as a destination, but now I’m starting to get a feeling that JB may be big game hunting now.  I think a player of AP’s caliber is needed if JB pulls out the stops on moving out bad contracts too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Gotcha. I think I'd do it but is chasing goal posts in free agency worth it. What if we offered that first for Cernak and see what nexr year brings? Just spitballing.

Hmmph trading for Cernak, I like what you're spitting.

We've got a trade relationship with TBL, could be an avenue.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Is what we would be getting rid of Eriksson for worth the signing Pietrangelo is the question I am implying.

It’s basically like trading a first for Pietrangelo. Seems worth it to me.  Only think I hope is that a contract only goes 5 years max.

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

If we were giving up a first I would chase Ristolainen who was rumoured to move last year.  Likely needs more than a first but that’s the main piece.

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely, our squad gave Vegas a run for their money and we had a piss poor blueline. Add Pietrangelo to it and we are fighting Dallas for a spot in the big dance. Our prospect pool is deep enough I think we can lose a 1st rounder and maybe Lind/Juolevi/Virtanen to get Eriksson on up outta here. It really boils down to what Pietrangelo makes. Given the state of the market who knows maybe 7.5-8m per isn't outta the question for him. Cheaper than OEL and he does more. I like our prospect pool enough to dump resources into moving Eriksson if it means bringing back Toffoli and adding Pietrangelo.

• Like 4