The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eichel

Drakrami

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Talent matters too. Buffalo would want Petey+. Eichel has developed into a top player despite being on a $&!# team.

Petey isn't a top player yet.

There's no deal for Eichel here or Dahlin.

Petey isn’t a top player yet?! Really?!  

Perhaps I’m misinterpreting your definition of “top” (by top, do you mean a top 5-10 player in the league?  In which case, I would agree with you), but Pettersson is clearly a superstar in the league.   

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Eichel put up 12 more points in 1 fewer game playing with crap line mates. He put up 28 more points than his closest teammate. Pettersson wasn’t even 1st on the Canucks.  Don’t get me wrong. I think Pettersson is destined to be a superstar. But atm Eichel is the better player 

how many rounds did Buffalo go

Just now, Bell said:

while EP40 drove the train, Eichel outperformed him.  Sound logic.

You realize it’s a team sport, right? Vancouver is a better team than Buffalo.  That doesn’t erase the fact that Eichel put up more points without quality line mates.  If anything it shines a light on just how good Eichel is. 

2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Petey isn’t a top player yet?! Really?!  

Perhaps I’m misinterpreting your definition of “top” (by top, do you mean a top 5-10 player in the league?  In which case, I would agree with you), but Pettersson is clearly a superstar in the league.   

Replace Eichel with Petey this year he probably hits 100 points(in an 82 game season) and wins MVP. 

Petey is good and has potential to be great but Eichel is great already having been through the process Petey is going through and has become a top player in the league similar to Mackinnon. Both Eichel and Mackinnon are around the same level and that’s above Petey. 

Eichel plays on a trash team where he carries the offence every night better than Petey. That says a lot. Mackinnon is on a great team with great linemates. Petey has good teammates and was on a great line. 

Just have to keep in mind Eichel had his breakout year and Peter hasn’t. IMO they have similar ceilings. 

It’s been very unnoticed because of how rough Buffalo has been around him but if you watched a handful of games you’d understand how much more dominant Eichel has been and that Eichel has developed into a top player.  It’s almost the exact same development path Mackinnon had and what Petey is going to have hopefully. 

Petey is a superstar talent, don’t get me wrong, but he hasn’t reached his potential. He’s 2-3 years away from reaching Eichel/Mackinnon top level player status(I believe he has that ceiling, maybe a bit better) which makes sense because it took Eichel/Mackinnon time to reach top level status. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Just for fun, was reading may be it's time for Sabres to move Eichel. 

2021 1st + 2021 3rd

Boeser

Gaudette 

Roussel

Podkolzin

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Eichel Horvat

Motte Sutter Virtanen

Macewen Beagle Lind/Lockwood

We would have if not the best 2 punch centers in the league, young and coming too. 

Buffalo would as for EP plus Podz or JT & brock and Podz. No chance we get him, team needs a #1 maybe Marky then try to get some wingers for Jack and Staal. 

Wonder what RFA Reinhart is going to get or if they would look to move him.

I would look into acquiring Montour, might be a decent D partner for Edler. 

Eichel to Vancouver = cup contender? 

I obviously know that the Canucks aren’t getting Eichel anytime soon but this thread has “tickled my pickle.”

To Sabres:  Horvat+Demko+Virtanen+Stecher+Motte+Gaudette+rights to Tryamkin

To Canucks:  Jack Eichel.

Pearson-Eichel-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli 

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen

Leivo-Beagle-[Lind or Bailey]

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Tanev

Juolevi-Benn

Markstrom

CheapVet

At this point, I’m assuming that the Canucks used a 2021 1st rounder and 2021 2nd rounders as sweeteners to move Eriksson and Baertschi.   I’m also assuming Ferland got LTIR’d.

Cap issues beyond next season aside (using the above as a hypothetical), does the team I posted above win you a cup in 2020-2021?

Obviously, there is more to having a winning team than pure talent.  Team chemistry is also a massive issue and so my concern in making the above deal is that it could affect team chemistry (which is a major strong suit of ours).   Assuming that our chemistry and culture remains strong however, does the above team join the conversation of cup contender?

Edited by DarkIndianRises

Wow, that is an unbelievable overpayment for Eichel.  Plus, high draft picks (and weakening our future)? 

Eichel is a great player but no thanks!   I want to see what Podkolzin does with the Canucks first before I consider trading him (I like what I saw in the World Juniors).

Now, maybe if it was for Connor McDavid :)

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

True, but do the Oil have much outside of McDrai?

Petterson and Eichel wouldn’t be McDrai, but....

xxx-Eichel-Boeser

xxx-xxx-xxx

xxx-xxx-xxx

Hughes-xxx

xxx-xxx

xxx-xxx

Markstrom

xxx

Would be one hell of a foundation.   

It’s an interesting pipe dream for sure, but I think I’d still say no.   One huge advantage the Canucks have right now is team chemistry and I wouldn’t risk tinkering with it.  I also love the fact that we have so many good young players coming up.   Pass.

Don't get me wrong, I think our team is miles ahead of Edmonton overall.

I was only comparing the duos (Petey/Eichel and McDavid/Darisaitl) and nothing else.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

My point exactly. Eichel has nothing to work with but is still out performing Pettersson.  

That doesn't mean crap. That could also mean that Eichel is a puck hog. Pettersson isn't quite there yet, (point wise) but he's already becoming a much more well-rounded player, who's exceeding everyone's expectations year after year. 

I'd rather him on my team every day. 

Edited by BarnBurner

9 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

That doesn't mean crap. That could also mean that Eichel is a puck hog. Pettersson isn't quite there yet, (point wise) but he's already becoming a much more well-rounded player, who's exceeding everyone's expectations year after year. 

I'd rather him on my team every day. 

I clearly said that Pettersson is destined to be a superstar.  That doesn’t negate the fact that currently Eichel is the better player.  

On 9/19/2020 at 1:29 AM, KirkSave said:

We are not moving out Bo. We already have a great 1-2 punch at center and Eichel is a head case. Literally, the worst doo in the show.

Jack Eichel Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

We are NOT trading BB in package for a “face like that”.  Eichel needs to be united with BT in OTT - the mugs on those guys are a lot more comparable.    Keep B.C. beautiful folks. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Eichel to Vancouver = cup contender? 

I obviously know that the Canucks aren’t getting Eichel anytime soon but this thread has “tickled my pickle.”

To Sabres:  Horvat+Demko+Virtanen+Stecher+Motte+Gaudette+rights to Tryamkin

To Canucks:  Jack Eichel.

Pearson-Eichel-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen

Leivo-Beagle-[Lind or Bailey]

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Tanev

Juolevi-Benn

Markstrom

CheapVet

At this point, I’m assuming that the Canucks used a 2021 1st rounder and 2021 2nd rounders as sweeteners to move Eriksson and Baertschi.   I’m also assuming Ferland got LTIR’d.

Cap issues beyond next season aside (using the above as a hypothetical), does the team I posted above win you a cup in 2020-2021?

Obviously, there is more to having a winning team than pure talent.  Team chemistry is also a massive issue and so my concern in making the above deal is that it could affect team chemistry (which is a major strong suit of ours).   Assuming that our chemistry and culture remains strong however, does the above team join the conversation of cup contender?

No.   We aren’t winning a cup with that defense unless OJ comes out of nowhere and wins the Calder.  Very unlikely.   Does Horvat still lead the league in goals this post season? 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We are NOT trading BB in package for a “face like that”.  Eichel needs to be united with BT in OTT - the mugs on those guys are a lot more comparable.    Keep B.C. beautiful folks. 

He looks like Bill from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.  :-p

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Haha 1