The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] The Mainstream Media (Curious to get everyone's take on this)

Tystick

[Poll] The Mainstream Media (Curious to get everyone's take on this)  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

thats interesting, thanks for posting. He was wrong about predicting a future "Marxist Leninist America" but some interesting thoughts on media influence.

Bang on about some people not being able to assess true information anymore tho. US destabilization as well in terms of international relations. Interesting that this is occurring mostly under the right wing and not the left, he didn't see that coming. 

2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

thats interesting, thanks for posting. He was wrong about predicting a future "Marxist Leninist America" but some interesting thoughts on media influence.

Bang on about some people not being able to assess true information anymore tho. US destabilization as well in terms of international relations. Interesting that this is occurring mostly under the right wing and not the left, he didn't see that coming. 

Thanks and yes it is interesting.

How off the mark he was/is is subjective and given the current state of things, perhaps it’s closer than anyone will admit.

We currently have the modern equivalent of the Brown Coats wandering the streets sniffing out dissenting, Western conservative values. Mobs of liberals are lawlessly disrupting Pearce and order all over the west without reprisal. I’d say that’s getting pretty close to government sanctioned unrest, with an end goal of destabilization and I’d go so far as to say the Normalization process is the most current, with MSM relentlessly hammering us with demoralizing everythings’. 

Sure, point awarded that he was *wrong, but wrong about what is debatable and depending on which lens you chose to view the current civil unrest through is probably going to shape your perceptions. How objective can we be here? I don’t know. We have the current mess to study and apply his theory to. This is the interesting bit. 

If a person agrees with with the mob shrieking at buddy - the poor bastard trying to eat his cafe dinner, demanding he raise a fist in solidarity with their rebel-without-a-cause-causefist, then odds are that the person might not support free speech or freedom of harassment by &^@#heads like that, in the first place. I think you get the point and could likely make it better than I have here concerning parallels to early Nazi Germany and the boot of persuasion of today’s ANTIFA or BLM “protesters”. 

A few more generations and we might have 1984 as a reality, which is the Ideological subversion’s goal, IMO; divide and conquer. The MSM acts as a facilitator to this and has since the end of WW2, or so says others who have been watching, whom I tend to agree with. 

Even this platform, Rogers, forces politics on us, and back to my original point, those politics certainly are not conservative, RW, which was Hippy’s comment. I think we’ve seen enough from big tech and the MSM to know which politics are dominating mainstream media, and even academia, today, and for the past several decades. 

One thing is certain. Western values and especially the nuclear family are being dismantled and replaced by something else. If the globalist agenda is right leaning, how the heck did that happen? 

People don’t want to know. So they engage in these distractions to preoccupy their soft heads. Those most hardwired to their electronic device strings, like puppets at the hands of a marionette, are absolutely those who will deny the Orwellian present they comply with in exchange for their mental maturation-like distractions. 

MSM isn’t just Fox and CNN, it’s Microsoft, Apple, Twitter, Netflix, it’s everywhere, even at the hockey rink and the classroom. How can anyone argue this Big Brother style of influence and reaching is the work of the RW? There isn’t a more of win for Yuri than to have someone argue against this, IMO. 

Demoralization

Destabilization

Normalcy

... what comes next?  Ask Soros. 

MSM will tell us, don’t worry people. To think otherwise, is to be a conspiracy theorist or some kind of loon. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

How off the mark he was/is is subjective and given the current state of things, perhaps it’s closer than anyone will admit.

We currently have the modern equivalent of the Brown Coats wandering the streets sniffing out dissenting, Western conservative values. Mobs of liberals are lawlessly disrupting Pearce and order all over the west without reprisal. I’d say that’s getting pretty close to government sanctioned unrest, with an end goal of destabilization and I’d go so far as to say the Normalization process is the most current, with MSM relentlessly hammering us with demoralizing everythings’. 

the vast majority of that activity has been peaceful, lawful protest though. 

Sure, point awarded that he was *wrong, but wrong about what is debatable and depending on which lens you chose to view the current civil unrest through is probably going to shape your perceptions. How objective can we be here? I don’t know. We have the current mess to study and apply his theory to. This is the interesting bit. 

If a person agrees with with the mob shrieking at buddy - the poor bastard trying to eat his cafe dinner, demanding he raise a fist in solidarity with their rebel-without-a-cause-causefist, then odds are that the person might not support free speech or freedom of harassment by &^@#heads like that, in the first place. I think you get the point and could likely make it better than I have here concerning parallels to early Nazi Germany and the boot of persuasion of today’s ANTIFA or BLM “protesters”. 

you're talking about a very small number of radicals though. We are not seeing this in the majority of people peacefully protesting. If people don't protest governments will get away with anything. 

A few more generations and we might have 1984 as a reality, which is the Ideological subversion’s goal, IMO; divide and conquer. The MSM acts as a facilitator to this and has since the end of WW2, or so says others who have been watching, whom I tend to agree with. 

certainly technology is a big part of this. You've already given up most information about you if you have a credit card and a cell phone, which is sort of "1984-ish" - but is that "left" or "right" or is big brother actually big bank? maybe people are being distracted into us vs them narratives by the people who profit the most. 

Even this platform, Rogers, forces politics on us, and back to my original point, those politics certainly are not conservative, RW, which was Hippy’s comment. I think we’ve seen enough from big tech and the MSM to know which politics are dominating mainstream media, and even academia, today, and for the past several decades. 

MSM is interesting - the fictional products (movies, tv, streaming) is left leaning, but things like newspapers are actually conservative leaning. 

One thing is certain. Western values and especially the nuclear family are being dismantled and replaced by something else. If the globalist agenda is right leaning, how the heck did that happen? 

you'll need to explain to me why your definition of western values can't be expanded beyond the nuclear family. I have no idea how that turns into a globalist issue either. Are you saying a family that isn't nuclear can't have western values? or is part of a larger problem? I hope not. 

People don’t want to know. So they engage in these distractions to preoccupy their soft heads. Those most hardwired to their electronic device strings, like puppets at the hands of a marionette, are absolutely those who will deny the Orwellian present they comply with in exchange for their mental maturation-like distractions. 

MSM isn’t just Fox and CNN, it’s Microsoft, Apple, Twitter, Netflix, it’s everywhere, even at the hockey rink and the classroom. How can anyone argue this Big Brother style of influence and reaching is the work of the RW? There isn’t a more of win for Yuri than to have someone argue against this, IMO. 

Demoralization

Destabilization

Normalcy

MSM will tell us, don’t worry people. To think otherwise, is to be a conspiracy theorist or some kind of loon. 

people do need to think for themselves. MSM does contain facts in-between the political narratives, you just have to recognize the bias. 

23 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Demoralization

Destabilization

Normalcy

It’s either a Marxist Nazi plot or the consequences of living in an age where blatant acts of injustice can be shown in more or less real time to any person with a cell phone, and it rightfully pisses people off. We’ll never know.

31 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Demoralization

Destabilization

Normalcy

I hope you know this was literally a fascist talking point in Italy and Germany in the 1930s lol

Edited by thejazz97
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Robert Long said:

the vast majority of that activity has been peaceful, lawful protest though. 

you're talking about a very small number of radicals though. We are not seeing this in the majority of people peacefully protesting. If people don't protest governments will get away with anything. 

certainly technology is a big part of this. You've already given up most information about you if you have a credit card and a cell phone, which is sort of "1984-ish" - but is that "left" or "right" or is big brother actually big bank? maybe people are being distracted into us vs them narratives by the people who profit the most. 

MSM is interesting - the fictional products (movies, tv, streaming) is left leaning, but things like newspapers are actually conservative leaning. 

you'll need to explain to me why your definition of western values can't be expanded beyond the nuclear family. I have no idea how that turns into a globalist issue either. Are you saying a family that isn't nuclear can't have western values? or is part of a larger problem? I hope not. 

people do need to think for themselves. MSM does contain facts in-between the political narratives, you just have to recognize the bias. 

It’s hard to take the time to type, let alone draw a mental map and essay out for others to follow along to find their own truths on what is going on and why. 

People believe what they’re told. It’s pretty much a maxim at this point. 
I stopped listening and went elsewhere. It’s been a revelation to come back into this forum and read into some of the threads, which read like echo chambers of the narrative de jour sometimes. It’s the same when I look at TV. Once you’ve been off the programming for a while, things jump right out at you. 

I find it terribly disheartening to see how people respond to the MSM programming. They seem to just swallow and react on command. This is a generality and perhaps stated with too much conviction, but it’s a painful thing to endure as a spectator. There’s being uniformed and there’s being informed with subversive propaganda, which I’m seeing as our typical “critical thinker” today. 

It’s not my ambition to walk anyone across any thought-lines here. I offer a few perspectives, rants, comments and some unusual video choices, etc, but I am not capable of leading a charge to unplug the public from their devices; their social programming. Others might have the time and the ability to lead that charge, but I can’t. 

5 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I hope you know this was literally a fascist talking point in Italy and Germany in the 1930s lol

Hard to define what “fascist” acts is or means today. 
Like Nazi, these words are attached to anything and everything by anybody looking to label something they disagree with. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Hard to define what “fascist” acts is or means today. 
Like Nazi, these words are attached to anything and everything by anybody looking to label something they disagree with. 

You could simply look at what the fascists did.

Sided with big business, crushed the labour unions, and when they got into power, privatized, privatized, privatized. They proclaimed 'one people' without amending class dynamics, so the risks of the business of the rich would be laid on the poor and working class. 

They are imperialist, and seek to dominate another class, race, or ethnicity based on ethnic or national solidarity.

Happened in both Italy and Germany. Makes it pretty easy to determine what's fascist.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s hard to take the time to type, let alone draw a mental map and essay out for others to follow along to find their own truths on what is going on and why. 

People believe what they’re told. It’s pretty much a maxim at this point. 
I stopped listening and went elsewhere. It’s been a revelation to come back into this forum and read into some of the threads, which read like echo chambers of the narrative de jour sometimes. It’s the same when I look at TV. Once you’ve been off the programming for a while, things jump right out at you. 

I find it terribly disheartening to see how people respond to the MSM programming. They seem to just swallow and react on command. This is a generality and perhaps stated with too much conviction, but it’s a painful thing to endure as a spectator. There’s being uniformed and there’s being informed with subversive propaganda, which I’m seeing as our typical “critical thinker” today. 

It’s not my ambition to walk anyone across any thought-lines here. I offer a few perspectives, rants, comments and some unusual video choices, etc, but I am not capable of leading a charge to unplug the public from their devices; their social programming. Others might have the time and the ability to lead that charge, but I can’t. 

I think we'll have to start a philosophy thread to get into some of that.

For me its a little simpler, follow the $. The MSM (the CNNs) and the anti-MSM (the Brietbarts, etc) make a lot of money off making us disliking each other. If it really was a marxist agenda, it doesn't help them at all to prop up a strong right wing opposition that we've seen emerge in the last decade. 

I do agree the MSM has some major faults and has become incredibly lazy, there's not much that passes for useful reporting. The weather lady on global is a cutie tho. 

Edited by Robert Long

The worst of "left-wing media" is equally as disgusting as "right-wing media".  Just for some folks... it's pretty much just "your excrements stinks, but not mine!"

Stirring things up generates rating.  Accusations or bad press takes the headline.... retractions are minor phrases to fill in dead-air. 

I personally follow vloggers on YouTube instead.  I would say that 90% of the time, they are way less biased and with more fact-checking done.   

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Of course. I’m not advocating shooting cops but then there are plenty of people who’ve gotten pissed off and committed violence because of their anger. No overlords needed.

Where do you live now? 
Are you seeing much on the streets which matches what is shown on TV? 

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

The worst of "left-wing media" is equally as disgusting as "right-wing media".  Just for some folks... it's pretty much just "your excrements stinks, but not mine!"

Stirring things up generates rating.  Accusations or bad press takes the headline.... retractions are minor phrases to fill in dead-air. 

I personally follow vloggers on YouTube instead.  I would say that 90% of the time, they are way less biased and with more fact-checking done.   

I'm a journalist, so this pains me. I'll say this though, paying for local news and local journalism (even from mainstream outlets) will generally do you a lot better than CNN, NBC, Fox...

Just now, Lancaster said:

I'd say you need to be careful there too tho. A lot of them like to set up arguments that only work if you are unfamiliar with the subject matter, e.g. you see a lot of stuff about "marxism" that only makes sense if you haven't actually learned about it. Jordan Peterson does this a lot, it would be funny if not so damaging to young men in particular. 

Its like anything, you get out what you put in. You have to take the time to learn something about the topic to have your own opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Those two extremes are far closer in their ingrained inability to discuss anything with civility than they realize. It seems that the need to be right (correct rather than right leaning) has replaced the need to be informed. The need to be first with the story has replaced the need to be factual and correct with the news.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I think we'll have to start a philosophy thread to get into some of that.

For me its a little simpler, follow the $. The MSM (the CNNs) and the anti-MSM (the Brietbarts, etc) make a lot of money off making us disliking each other. If it really was a marxist agenda, it doesn't help them at all to prop up a strong right wing opposition that we've seen emerge in the last decade. 

I do agree the MSM has some major faults and has become incredibly lazy, there's not much that passes for useful reporting. The weather lady on global is a cutie tho. 

Follow the money, is right. 
It’s strange how Soros’ name never comes up in this context.