The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Friedman] Canucks looking to “overhaul blue line” ...Ekblad & Cernak could be available

EP40.

I'm not going to make a proposal but I really do believe we need more than just Hughes on that blueline.

We have elite stars like Petey, Boes and Horvat as our offensive guys, but it would certainly bring more balance to the team if we could add a fairly young, elite defenceman to the blueline. 

I think Ekblad would be great... even though it would likely include a deal involving Boeser to get him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionized27 said:

Ekblad would be a tremendous add.

I would be ok with trading Boeser in this scenario.

I'm not sure we'd need to, if they are more interested in gaining futures back this year than salary. E.g., our 2021 1st and Rathbone might open the discussion. It'll take more but that might pique some interest. 

• Wat 2

17 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I'm not sure we'd need to, if they are more interested in gaining futures back this year than salary. E.g., our 2021 1st and Rathbone might open the discussion. It'll take more but that might pique some interest. 

This would be ideal but those prospect and picks they would want is what we would need to help unload dead weight salary like LE / Sutter / Rousell 

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This would be ideal but those prospect and picks they would want is what we would need to help unload dead weight salary like LE / Sutter / Rousell 

yup its a pickle.

I'm not worried about Sutter, he's gone next year and so is Edler, so thats 10.4 mil right there. 

For this year, maybe Marky walks anyway and there's lots of cap. 

I don't get what the TRADE BOESER NOWWW!!! (then add every 2021 pick, Virtannen, Motte, Stecher, Podkolzin, BC Place and Pettersson's first boy child) rush is.

Relax...

Not too long ago we were comfortable waiting to see what would become of Juolevi, Rathbone and such - what would happen when the dead weight contracts end and how would new forwards like Podkolzin and Hoglander affect things. 

Remember when we thought we were in a rebuild? Have things really changed so much you want to trade away what's working so far for exorbitant, quick fix tweaks?

• Cheers 4