The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson was the Canucks’ least engaged and productive forward of the 2020 playoffs. He’s signed for another two seasons - @CambieKev

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

4 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

After game 1 against Minny it was clear the Canuck's weren't doing the "little things" needed to win, enter Little Things Loui and the rest is history. 

He has consistently scored 10 goals per year since becoming a Canuck!! That is great production for a 15th forward

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I still am amazed his stat sheet was a 0-0-0 for the post-season in spite of seeing SOME time in the top six.  That requires "skill".

Indeed, especially when one of his line mates manages to score more goals than anyone in the postseason at that time.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he completely and utterly useless? No. If he is making league minimum, everyone would love Loui. On another note, everyone loves Tyler Motte (I love Motte as well), but if Motte makes $6 million, Motte would be a whipping boy as well for the fan base. Unfortunately, in a cap world, overpaid players (on any team) just becomes that fanbase favourite whipping boy.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

He obviously wasn't a good fit from the very beginning. This signing is on Benning - and all the fans including myself who thought signing Eriksson would rejuvenate the Sedins.

Exactly, at the time, I thought it was a good signing as well base on the following:

1). Loui just scored 30 goals in Boston the year before and the Canucks needed a goal scorer. (Unfortunately, he turned out to be the opposite of a goal scorer)

2). Loui had chemistry with the Sedins at the International level and could rejuvenate the Sedins (Unfortunately, the chemistry was non-existent at the NHL level)

3). Loui was also considered a good 2 way forward who could kill penalties (Which is his primary role these days when he is in the line-up)

4). Even knowing the contract would eventually be a bad one due to its length, I still thought for atleast the first 2-3 years, he would be scoring at a 20 goals and 50 point pace. (unfortunately, he did not score anywhere close to this pace)

5). At the time, I hope he would be a veteran presence in the last 2-3 years of his contract to help guide the young group of Canucks onto the NHL level. (He is still a veteran on this team, and I do think his teammates appreciate him)

This is just an unfortunate signing and no one foresee his offense completely falling off of a clip the moment he signed here.

29 minutes ago, Provost said:

Eriksson has the wheels to avoid delivering hits at a rate above virtually every other forward in the league who played at least 20 games!

On a nearly conference final level team, Eriksson was amongst the most responsible in ensuring his shifts remained short and the team could roll their other, more effectively lines.

A consumate team-mate and model of consistency, Eriksson’s effort level never wavered, whether he was in the press box, on the ice, or partaking in his pre-game nap routine.

Truly great at the littlest of things.

• Cheers 1