The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Stanley Cup Finals: Viewership Tanking

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I didn’t watch much outside of the Canucks and shut it off every commercial break, etc. 

Politics. 

The owners of the media, hell even my Microsoft internet page, want to present their politics through my hockey addiction, but I have some standards I guess. So, they lost my business. 

After the Canucks were gone I recorded the games and skipped through commercials and intermissions.

13 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

After the Canucks were gone I recorded the games and skipped through commercials and intermissions.

What else can we do?

Addicts. 

Even this site, much like its TV side (Rogers) has elements of social justice messages built into the experience. 
I want to watch hockey, not politics and propaganda. They get as little from me as I can give from now on. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

What else can we do?

Addicts. 

Even this site, much like its TV side (Rogers) has elements of social justice messages built into the experience. 
I want to watch hockey, not politics and propaganda. They get as little from me as I can give from now on. 

Ok Trumper. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

Ok Trumper. 

What is a Trumper? 
Seriously, I mean it’s your label, not mine. 

Is that like a person with a preference for conservative politics or something?

If so, am I supposed to bend down to this intellect with an, “Ok, Hillary or Creepy Joe kid-touching pedofile”?

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What is a Trumper? 
Seriously, I mean it’s your label, not mine. 

Is that like a person with a preference for conservative politics or something?

If so, am I supposed to bend down to this intellect with an, “Ok, Hillary or Creepy Joe kid-touching pedofile”?

A Trumper is a right leaning Boomer for the most part.  Hence the OK. :ph34r:

On 9/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, iinatcc said:

Personally I would take the fanbase of the NHL over the NBA any day of the week. Sure I would love it to grow but People keep talking about bandwagon of fair weather fans in the NHL but the fanbase is still more passionate about supporting their team. Heck the Nashville Predators have a really good fanbase over there. 

I feel like NBA fans many just jump teams every season. I have a lot of friends that are huge NBA fans but could never stick to a team more than a 2 or 3 year period. Heck when the Canucks were awful someone asked me why don't I find a new team ... I was insulted

I think it's because NBA rosters are so much smaller, and alot of team success hinges on individual players. 

Hockey is a team affair where everyone has to work as a unit to achieve a common goal. Even Wayne Gretzky couldn't have won his cups without a great supporting cast!