The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Virtanen to Boston?

Provost

4 hours ago, Yung1 said:

At this stage though, poolparty is not a top 6 forward, nor is he a bottom 6 for that matter. He has a higher ceiling than Virtanen, sure, but he is not even an NHL player at this point, and Jake is. I would consider that trade if we were still rebuilding, but we're not. The contention window is opening and it's time to shift gears. Any move that does not make us better next year is probably not a move we should make imo. 

He might not be a top 6 right now but you make it sound like he’s years away. He looked pretty good in Finland and if there was an injury in our top 6 I could see him sliding in and doing better than Virtanen as early as next season if we had the choice between those two guys. Improves the 2nd PP unit as well which improves our team more than an inconsistent bottom 6 player. In the near future it gives you the opportunity to move a winger for a good dman because you have a viable guy that can play a smarter more skilled game.

• Cheers 1

On 9/30/2020 at 12:45 AM, Kobayashi Maru said:

The obvious wrinkle in this plan is that it's inter-division, however would anybody consider Jake Virtanen for Jesse Puljujarvi? 

Puljujarvi has the higher ceiling and we have many (Too many) options to internally fill Jake's spot until he is ready to come over.  If it was presented to me, I would make that trade.   

Don't see Holland trading him if he finally accepts to come back.  

• Cheers 1