The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Virtanen to Boston?

Provost

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Boston is a team that might find Pearson interesting - or even Bear for that matter.  Their L side isn’t good after their first line and one of their only weaknesses.  Cap is an issue but of course and equal cap trade back would fix that....

Baer, lol. The exact opposite of a Bruin.

30 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Jake for Carlo then offersheet Cernak! 

all of a sudden we're huge 

6'4 Edler - Carlo 6'5

7'0 Hughes - Cernak 6'4

6'3 Juolevi - Myers 6'8

Hughes really going to scare some people after shooting up 1 ft 4 inches, especially if he's still got the same speed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I had been beating the drum on that move last week.  It is possible that the Matheson move took that off the table.  Florida still needs someone to play defence, and unless they luck out and get Pietrangelo, I don't see them needing to move a guy who plays over 21 minutes a night for them.  The rationale for the move was the report they wanted to shed some money on defence to add to their offence.  Job done for them now probably.

Ekblad is only owed 2M this season.  They already paid his bonus.  All the offers here were sending more salary back the other way.  I am not convinced they want to trade him.  If they are and cash is the motivation then it makes more sense for them to wait after this season and before his next bonus payment.  There will still be interest in a year.

Edited by mll

5 hours ago, awalk said:

How does a hockey rumor page stay in existence after going roughly  zero for 2,354 on trade predictions over 10 years?! 

Because there are idiots in this world who believe COVID either don't exist, or think that it's some government conspiracy to limit our god-given freedoms.

In short, idiots. The same people who think Eklund is a valid source, like the old CDC forums had once listed under their "rules" section. Good times.

• Haha 2

is JB gonna do something or just like last 5 years we are going to speculate trades and end up being stuck with $&!# contracts, like come on at this point i would give up 1st rounder to get eriksson off books or 2nd and 3rd combined.

baer, roussel, beagle sutter, benn, like anything to get 2 of these guys out of line up. I dont care wht pick it is and any prospect not named podkolzin, hoglander, rathbone. Team is in win now mode. GTH with people thinking our window is 2 to 3 years away. Player that we draft in next years round 1 wont be regular until 2025 -26 atleast.  Team was 1 period away from west finals, this is our time.

• Wat 4

8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

You make a mistake by trading Rathbone here. Unless he signed specifically to get traded to Boston but why would he. He went out on a limb to sign here. He said himself he was considering staying in College til free agency. Higgins and Johnson convinced him to sign. Trading him immediately after that makes us look bad to other potential NCAA players we may draft going forward. Or NCAA players we target during the college free agency. 

In normal years I would agree with the bolded. But Covid and the ED create a unique situation, and I think the college boys are smart enough to understand this.

22 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

is JB gonna do something or just like last 5 years we are going to speculate trades and end up being stuck with $&!# contracts, like come on at this point i would give up 1st rounder to get eriksson off books or 2nd and 3rd combined.

baer, roussel, beagle sutter, benn, like anything to get 2 of these guys out of line up. I dont care wht pick it is and any prospect not named podkolzin, hoglander, rathbone. Team is in win now mode. GTH with people thinking our window is 2 to 3 years away. Player that we draft in next years round 1 wont be regular until 2025 -26 atleast.  Team was 1 period away from west finals, this is our time.

Good thing you're not our GM then. We also don't even have a 1st or 2nd round this year, if you were paying attention. Clueless troll exposed.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

McAvoy is basically untouchable unless we give up Boeser ++, but Carlo might be had for Virtanen plus a pick or prospect.

For fun's sake, I'd do this trade any day:

Boeser + Virtanen + Juolevi + Stechers rights thrown in + 2021 1st for McAvoy + Carlo

Hughes - Carlo

Myers - McAvoy

Our top-4 set for the next 5 years at least.

• Wat 2