The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Any thoughts on Kevan Miller?

Thirston

From what I last recalled he suffered a pretty devastating knee injury where he could barely put on shoes and stand up. 

Obviously he has been cleared to go now, but he basically missed a whole season of hockey after breaking his knee cap.  At his age (32 soon to be 33) not sure he is the same player anymore skating wise.  I would take a chance on him if he came cheap like a 1x1 kind of thing.  

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2020/09/23/per-agent-boston-bruins-ufa-kevan-miller-ready-to-go/

article was from yesterday

“As far as hockey and rehab goes, I’m still rehabbing,” the rugged rearguard said. “I was on a good trajectory there. I was skating and whatnot, and then I had a setback. So I’m just coming off surgery that I had eight weeks ago. Timing-wise things have been good for me. I’m off crutches now and walking around again. Things are good.”

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

22 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

From what I last recalled he suffered a pretty devastating knee injury where he could barely put on shoes and stand up. 

Obviously he has been cleared to go now, but he basically missed a whole season of hockey after breaking his knee cap.  At his age (32 soon to be 33) not sure he is the same player anymore skating wise.  I would take a chance on him if he came cheap like a 1x1 kind of thing.  

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2020/09/23/per-agent-boston-bruins-ufa-kevan-miller-ready-to-go/

article was from yesterday

Ya that’s what I was thinking except maybe 1.5 or so upto 2 yrs as long as they figure his knee can hold out

I really think a big tough d man who doesn’t hurt the team ( England was always a favourite of mine) will help the team. Guddy was the type except he sucked lol, teams think twice about doing stupid things in front of the net with a guy  who will punish them. I’m so sick of bottom 6 guys and bottom 2 D who are small and “speedy guys” but really don’t contribute much.  It was embarrassing seeing the puke marchant punching Sedin with no consequence and time again and again. Canucks are a decently tough team through team toughness but I wanna see a bruiser who can play minutes and not hurt the team but stand up and not be scared to take a instigating penalty as long as timing is right. 

• Cheers 1