Sign in to follow this  
Thirston

[Discussion] Any thoughts on Kevan Miller?

I think Kevan Couver Miller is his full name, so it would be a perfect fit. 

Edited by c00kies

From what I last recalled he suffered a pretty devastating knee injury where he could barely put on shoes and stand up. 

Obviously he has been cleared to go now, but he basically missed a whole season of hockey after breaking his knee cap.  At his age (32 soon to be 33) not sure he is the same player anymore skating wise.  I would take a chance on him if he came cheap like a 1x1 kind of thing.  

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2020/09/23/per-agent-boston-bruins-ufa-kevan-miller-ready-to-go/

article was from yesterday

“As far as hockey and rehab goes, I’m still rehabbing,” the rugged rearguard said. “I was on a good trajectory there. I was skating and whatnot, and then I had a setback. So I’m just coming off surgery that I had eight weeks ago. Timing-wise things have been good for me. I’m off crutches now and walking around again. Things are good.”

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Ryan Miller worked out pretty well, he set the Miller precedent

JT Miller having success here helped further establish that Vancouver is a place Miller's do well

What could possibly go wrong?  

22 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

From what I last recalled he suffered a pretty devastating knee injury where he could barely put on shoes and stand up. 

Obviously he has been cleared to go now, but he basically missed a whole season of hockey after breaking his knee cap.  At his age (32 soon to be 33) not sure he is the same player anymore skating wise.  I would take a chance on him if he came cheap like a 1x1 kind of thing.  

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2020/09/23/per-agent-boston-bruins-ufa-kevan-miller-ready-to-go/

article was from yesterday

Ya that’s what I was thinking except maybe 1.5 or so upto 2 yrs as long as they figure his knee can hold out

Just now, Thirston said:

Ya that’s what I was thinking except maybe 1.5 or so upto 2 yrs as long as they figure his knee can hold out

Assuming there will be some holes to fill

I agree he’s old but if he can play for 1-2yrs at a mil cap hit then its pretty cheap imo for a guy who can really look out for his young teammates and from what I’ve read he’s a decent 3rd pair stay at home defender. 

• Vintage 1

My thoughts about Millar is 'meh'.   

He would be a semi decent add as a UFA on a 1-2 year deal, but I'd pass otherwise.

Good 3rd pairing guy that would help on the PK, but yeah.....

He's getting up there in age.

Edited by DarkIndianRises

I really like Kevan Miller, 6'2, 33 November, serious knee injury big question mark?

Maybe show deal with bonus if he can play over 45 games.

Say 900,000 X 1 yr and bonus kick in if he can play over 45 games up to 1.5 million?

Already have Benn on 3rd pairing..

I would try him, due to his size, experience, and might be not too expensive.

Agreed to pay bonus if he can play over a number of games.

I'd be interested in Miller  a depth D man for sure. 

But I am not a Doctor, so cannot comment as where his knee relates...

I really think a big tough d man who doesn’t hurt the team ( England was always a favourite of mine) will help the team. Guddy was the type except he sucked lol, teams think twice about doing stupid things in front of the net with a guy  who will punish them. I’m so sick of bottom 6 guys and bottom 2 D who are small and “speedy guys” but really don’t contribute much.  It was embarrassing seeing the puke marchant punching Sedin with no consequence and time again and again. Canucks are a decently tough team through team toughness but I wanna see a bruiser who can play minutes and not hurt the team but stand up and not be scared to take a instigating penalty as long as timing is right. 

• Hydration 1