The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Henrik Lundqvist

Watching his career highlight package/farewell video honestly jogged my memory on just how good he actually was/is.

I remember in '05 when he seemingly came out of nowhere. The impact he had on goaltending in Sweden is unprecedented. I mean, he's a good-looking dude, well-dressed, well-spoken... but on the ice he truly was a rockstar. Just unreal reflexes and an energetic style of netminding. Entire waves of Swedish goalies were emulating him (and even others like Shesterkin claiming he was his idol growing up).

I would love to see him in our team colours for a year or two (at a cheap cost, of course).

• Vintage 1

On 9/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Not saying this is happening but the cap total would be fairly close +/- 1-2M if Jimbo sharpened up his negotiation skills.  What do you choose if it was an option:

1)

Pietrangelo (9M)

Demko (1M)

Lundquist (3M)

or

2)

Tanev (5M)

Markstrom (6M)

Demko (1M)

Yup my thoughts exactly. I like your plan number 1

• Cheers 1

On 9/30/2020 at 6:55 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Not saying this is happening but the cap total would be fairly close +/- 1-2M if Jimbo sharpened up his negotiation skills.  What do you choose if it was an option:

1)

Pietrangelo (9M)

Demko (1M)

Lundquist (3M)

or

2)

Tanev (5M)

Markstrom (6M)

Demko (1M)

what a dolt

Edited by Gawdzukes

Wow, apparently he's signing with the Caps for $1.5m on a 1 year deal... That's a steal for the Caps.  Imagining if Benning signed him for that, we'd probably be able to keep Toffoli and Tanev.

I'm sure Lundquist wanted to play for the caps for a chance at the cup though.  Doubt he would have signed here for that.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-nhl-free-agent-frenzy-blog-1.1536537

Edited by HKSR