The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Robin Lehner

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If the sweetener is retaining 50% I’d be interested.

The current sweetener is 50% retained + a 2nd round pick, but teams are holding out for a 1st and 2nd! Honestly, I'd take just the 2nd pick for a 3.5m backup for demko! That's an easy 2nd round pick for Benning to pick up and he could let Markstrom walk without worrying about finding Demko a backup.

1 minute ago, FireGillis said:

The current sweetener is 50% retained + a 2nd round pick, but teams are holding out for a 1st and 2nd! Honestly, I'd take just the 2nd pick for a 3.5m backup for demko! That's an easy 2nd round pick for Benning to pick up and he could let Markstrom walk without worrying about finding Demko a backup.

Tweet is not quite accurate.  Vegas wants to trade the full 7M.  They are trying to get a 3rd team involved who would retain 50% of salary and trade him then further at 50% - the cost for the retention is a 2nd + 1st. 

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Tweet is not quite accurate.  Vegas wants to trade the full 7M.  They are trying to get a 3rd team involved who would retain 50% of salary and trade him then further at 50% - the cost for the retention is a 2nd + 1st. 

Oh well that changes things completely lol. No wonder fleury hasn't been traded yet because I thought vegas was going to retain 50% and send a 2nd round pick!

Edited by FireGillis