The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That would be a strange choice to make. It’s not like Edmonton has that good of a defense. 

I don't think I would even take an extra million a year to do my job in Edmonton, and that's almost 20 times my salary -- and I already live in Calgary!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

I don't think I would even take an extra million a year to do my job in Edmonton, and that's almost 20 times my salary -- and I already live in Calgary!

If the difference btw the Canucks offer is a million +  - an extra year or two I will probably be the most bitter person on this board.  Someone might have to ban me from Canuck/Oiler GDTs

• Haha 1

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

If the difference btw the Canucks offer is a million +  - an extra year or two I will probably be the most bitter person on this board.  Someone might have to ban me from Canuck/Oiler GDTs

It might come down to that. Markstrom wouldn’t have Ian Clark to work with anymore either. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Didn’t Markstrom put Edmonton on his no-sign list?

I sure hope so and the flames I would not like him going, eastern yes not west teams

to me the rangers or something for marky, even marky and tanev to the pens for something big back

Just sign TT already, we can't just let Arizona stall everything. We still have a team to build around. Sign Toffoli first and then we will go for there. If Marky walks off and gets something north of $5 million and more term, good for him, the man has earned it. We are 2 days away from free agency, not a single pending UFA is resigned, not a single bad contract was moved off the team. We got to atleast start something, because we can't just sit here and wait for Arizona's decision. Just call their GM and be like "hey, it is either now or never, we have other plans to make as well." Pressure them.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2