The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

12 minutes ago, billabong said:

This is gonna go over well...

It ain’t over, but bennings bottom 6 spending is costing the Canucks at this point in the rebuild BIG time 

Loui, Baerstchi and Luongo are costing us way more and they were suppose to be top 6 players.  As for Luongo can't pin this one on Benning.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, billabong said:

This is gonna go over well...

It ain’t over, but bennings bottom 6 spending is costing the Canucks at this point in the rebuild BIG time 

more like the flat cap and a lot of teams are suffering from it

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

we keep the 4th by not re-signing

So for the fear mongers, Madden could be a dud and never make it to the NHL (or make an impact) due to his size and we could draft a stud like we did with Rathbone in the 4th round and make back up this trade!

• Cheers 3

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

I can't really blame JB on Bear either. The guy was a steal for his top 6 production before the concussions.

I don’t get why Bear isn’t bought out. The penalties seem fine and we could save close to 2 mill on cap space

• Like 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

A lot of factors cap wise not just by Benning but also crap luck with injuries. Loui cap recapture, Flat cap. But tons of money coming off the books next couple years. That’s the way I look at it 

Lot of money coming off youre right but also a lot potentially coming on with the end of the ELCs. 

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think Beagle with his experience provides some value at his hit specially in the room and I can live with his deal. Unfortunately the rest are anchors that the team will carry until their deals expire in the next 2 years.

I would have replaced Beagle on that list with Ferland.  I don't mind either player but Ferland's $3.5M is basically mystery money since he may or may not be able to play but that cap hit has to be considered.  Unless Ferland is for sure a LTIR candidate and will not be cleared to play, there's always the possibility that $3.5M needs to be accommodated at any point in the season.  Makes it pretty hard to plan.

• Upvote 1