The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

Sounds like we shouldn't expect any cap to be moved out? I don't see Toffoli sitting on the market very long. Sucks to see him go, but we did do pretty well without him so it's not a huge loss. Just sucks we lost a solid B prospect and a 2nd for what amounted to nothing. Since covid saved our asses when injuries hit, as weird as that is to say. If not for Covid Toffoli may have been instrumental in saving our season. But with Covid it gave us time to get healthy, then he got injured. Lol.

Oh well. Maybe we get lucky and a cap freeing deal comes up and we can circle back to Toffoli. Otherwise us Virtanen supports can hope and pray this means he can get a real shot at top 6. Assuming he gets brought back. 

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Lot of money coming off youre right but also a lot potentially coming on with the end of the ELCs. 

Yes but way more coming off. And at least things will start to make sense on paper as oppose to LE making the most money on the team lol

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, EP40. said:

Good job JB !

Would you rather JB not signed those contracts but call yourself CG9 instead?  No GM is perfect.

Might have struck out during spring training, but at least he hit a homerun when it mattered with EP and QH.  Canucks are not unlike many successful teams that had capcrunch problems Hawks, Pittsburgh, Washington, Tampa.    Now, it is up to JB to find way to be creative and figure things out, like these teams did.

Edited by timberz21

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Now we have a hole in the top 6 again.

As long as we have our core of Petey, Boeser, Horvat, and Hughes, I'm personally not worried at all about this. We'll be fine, especially with prospects like Podkolzin and Hoglander on the rise. They're obviously not a guarantee, but nothing is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Lock said:

As long as we have our core of Petey, Boeser, Horvat, and Hughes, I'm personally not worried at all about this. We'll be fine, especially with prospects like Podkolzin and Hoglander on the rise. They're obviously not a guarantee, but nothing is.

How quickly we forget aboit the carousel of wingers it's been for Horvat. Nevermind that Petey started his career between Goldobin & Eriksson.

The top 6 was/is our biggest strength. Toffoli was a great fit. Now pick one of Ferland, Eriksson, Hoglander, Leivo, Virtanen, to replace him. I think it's a loss, but we'll see what else they can do.

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Maybe JB prefers Tanev over Toffoli too.

I hope so. Tanev is so important to our defense. I like Toffoli but we can bring up Hoglander or Lind and get quality youth minutes you front. We don’t have anyone who can replace how important Tanev is without spending money or trading assets. Markstrom and Tanev should be priority over Toffoli. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

How quickly we forget aboit the carousel of wingers it's been for Horvat. Nevermind that Petey started his career between Goldobin & Eriksson.

The top 6 was/is our biggest strength. Toffoli was a great fit. Now pick one of Ferland, Eriksson, Hoglander, Leivo, Virtanen, to replace him. I think it's a loss, but we'll see what else they can do.

Crosby and Malkin have had a carousel of wingers and they won multiple cups. ;)