The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd rather Toffoli than sign Tanev to a big contract

Me too.

This team needs depth scoring. Spending cap on maintaining the status quo just means more nights of Markstrom standing on his head.

Need to switch up the formula.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Indeed. Could see a blueline with OEL and Tanev which would be pretty gnarly.

OEL - Hughes

Edler - Myers

OJ/Rathbone - Tanev

I like it. I like it a lot.

I said this earlier in the thread also. Expose Myers and hope he gets taken for expansion and have Tryamkin replace him next season.

Unloading cap should be top priority mainly for getting ready to resign Petterson and Hughes signing Toffoli might not help with that especially if he can't unload any of those bad contracts. I didn't like the Eriksson signing at all but it will be interesting to see what happens going forward though. 

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

OEL - Hughes

Edler - Myers

OJ/Rathbone - Tanev

I like it. I like it a lot.

I said this earlier in the thread also. Expose Myers and hope he gets taken for expansion and have Tryamkin replace him next season.

Personally I would keep OEL and Hughes on separate pairings but overall big improvements to our D-core and OJ/Rathbone will play with a good player on the 3rd pairing guaranteed.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Crosby and Malkin have had a carousel of wingers and they won multiple cups. ;)

Kunitz, Dupois, Hornqvist, Neal, Iginla, Kessel, Guentzel, Sheary, exc. A carousel of haves, not have-nots.

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't. We need defense. Otherwise, we'll struggle with being a contender as we won't have the backend support contenders generally have.

I like that they are targetting OEL. If they can make it work financially thats better than Tanev, then if they could afford Toffoli I would do that & find a RD that gets squeezed.

Ultimately I think both Tanev & Toffoli walk.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Kunitz, Dupois, Hornqvist, Neal, Iginla, Kessel, Guentzel, Sheary, exc. A carousel of haves, not have-nots.

I like that they are targetting OEL. If they can make it work financially thats better than Tanev, then if they could afford Toffoli I would do that & find a RD that gets squeezed.

They're only perceived as "haves" because they're not on this team in my opinion. Plus, I'm talking the carousel moving forward, not the past when we were in transition and just a bad team. lol

If we get OEL, I doubt it even more that we'd get Toffoli.

15 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Friendly reminder

image.thumb.jpeg.cb0420862091f5b718d46ada1905fc85.jpeg

What a joke, the fans that said the Nucks didn't have cap issues were out to lunch.  Even without Covid its still a mess.  That says it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1