The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joni Jurmo | D

GoldenAlien

On 12/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, elvis15 said:

Yup, only the most vulnerable at first, then expand it out from there as more stock is available. I guess pro sports aren't high on that list?

But in America you can buy anything with moneys. 

I agree it should be the most vulnerable first and health care workers, but something tells me we'll see athletes access to it faster than the average person. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DS4quality said:

But in America you can buy anything with moneys. 

I agree it should be the most vulnerable first and health care workers, but something tells me we'll see athletes access to it faster than the average person

Essential services - keeps the population sane

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Are you confusing him with Persson? Jurmo never seemed to be in the discussion to make the team this year.

Yeah - you are right.  I thought I remembered something from an article about Finland's team, but when I googled, nothing came up.  Meant to edit, but tablet battery died and then I forgot

• Like 1

Lots of good players don't make their respective world junior teams and turn out just fine. There are many factors involved.

Jurmo just turned 18 in November, so there's also the possibility they wanted to go with the older lineup. The 84th and 184th picks turn 20 in Jan. The 153rd and 183rd picks are not much older, but they are a few months older.

If Jurmo progresses well, he could crack the next year's roster. Nothing concerning yet IMO.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Lots of good players don't make their respective world junior teams and turn out just fine. There are many factors involved.

Jurmo just turned 18 in November, so there's also the possibility they wanted to go with the older lineup. The 84th and 184th picks turn 20 in Jan. The 153rd and 183rd picks are not much older, but they are a few months older.

If Jurmo progresses well, he could crack the next year's roster. Nothing concerning yet IMO.

This.  But his birthday was actually in April according to eliteprospects.

And, one can also argue that because these Finnish teams are famous for playing a very structured and detail-oriented game on the international stage, Jurmo's style of playing more like a wild stallion (for now) factored into their decision making. The tools are obviously there, but his play away from the puck, for example, needs some work.

Although it's disappointing to not be able to watch him, I think it's justified enough to not be overly concerned. Again, I'm willing to bet he'll be there next year, and the other JYP guys (Lambert & Helenius) should be there again too.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This.  But his birthday was actually in April according to eliteprospects.

And, one can also argue that because these Finnish teams are famous for playing a very structured and detail-oriented game on the international stage, Jurmo's style of playing more like a wild stallion (for now) factored into their decision making. The tools are obviously there, but his play away from the puck, for example, needs some work.

Although it's disappointing to not be able to watch him, I think it's justified enough to not be overly concerned. Again, I'm willing to bet he'll be there next year, and the other JYP guys (Lambert & Helenius) should be there again too.

I don't know who I searched when I saw the November bday lol

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...