The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jackson Kunz | LW

GoldenAlien

On 10/8/2020 at 12:15 AM, CallAfterLife said:

I think Kunz is a bit of a miss at 4. I think more talented players were still on the board. I think the Canucks should have gone for someone with higher hockey IQ. 

Kunz doesn't really have anything in his game that stands out except his size which will mean nothing if he can't improve his skating and vision. The Canucks also don't really need another bottom 6 winger type. I wish they went for someone that could have filled a positional needs at centre or RHD.

Yeah I agree, a lot of the mock drafts had Kunz as a 6th or 7th rounder, some even undrafted. Only saving grace is he went to Shattuck St. Marys (Crosby, J. Johnson, just to name a few) and he going to a pretty good hockey program in North Dakota thats produced a lot of good players in the league. So close to getting Savoie!

On 10/13/2020 at 1:59 AM, filthycanuck said:

Yeah I agree, a lot of the mock drafts had Kunz as a 6th or 7th rounder, some even undrafted. Only saving grace is he went to Shattuck St. Marys (Crosby, J. Johnson, just to name a few) and he going to a pretty good hockey program in North Dakota thats produced a lot of good players in the league. So close to getting Savoie!

He also plays for the Green Bay Gamblers which has a very impressive list of NHL alumni which even includes head coach Jon Cooper.

The fact that he’s going to play for three very solid development programs likely played a big factor for the Canucks.

Benning and co have done a great job over the years of scouting NCAA players. That’s actually become our strongest area of drafting. So I have faith that they have some good intel on this kid.

Im sure lots of people here were wondering who Gaudette and Rathbone were when we took them in the 4th and 5th rounds. And look how that turned out.

I think Kunz will turn a lot of heads next season. People are gonna wonder how he slipped.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Kunz picked up another goal earlier today (empty netter), or I guess yesterday now (it’s late).

6G 3A 9 points in 10 GP.

What I'm taking here from this and the McDonagh thread (where he outhustled to get an empty netter) is that we have a couple of players where their respective teams are putting them out in the final minutes of a game protecting a lead. A sign of good responsible two way players that are trusted in one of the more challenging defensive assignments and they are coming through in burying a game.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:32 AM, theo5789 said:

What I'm taking here from this and the McDonagh thread (where he outhustled to get an empty netter) is that we have a couple of players where their respective teams are putting them out in the final minutes of a game protecting a lead. A sign of good responsible two way players that are trusted in one of the more challenging defensive assignments and they are coming through in burying a game.

Younger, faster, cheaper, Erikssons

On 11/11/2020 at 11:01 PM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This pick has Weisbrod written all over it.

Just like Jonah Gadjovich and Ethan Keppen I'm guessing.

Getting guys like this makes you tougher to play against. Cheaper then overpaying in Ufa market for them.

Edited by Rush17

56 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Just like Jonah Gadjovich and Ethan Keppen I'm guessing.

Getting guys like this makes you tougher to play against. Cheaper then overpaying in Ufa market for them.

Yet if the insider reports are to be believed ("Canucks interested in ....... ") JB still lusts after every apple that falls from 30 other trees

• 2 weeks later...