The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Truscott | D

On 10/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, Quantum said:

According to Tyler Motte's re-signing interview, he and Jacob live in the same neighborhood in Michigan. Says Truscott has really smooth skating and that he models his game after Zach Werenski. Who knows if Truscott and Motte will ever be NHL teammates but it's cool that they've worked out together. Truscott is going to the University of Michigan and Tyler Motte (as well as Quinn Hughes) are alumnis of that program. Good sign!

Does Lockwood fit into this as well as he's from the Michigan program as well?

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Does Lockwood fit into this as well as he's from the Michigan program as well?

Well, they all went to the University of Michigan, and are born and raised in the State of Michigan (except Hughes), but Lockwood grew up in a much different neighborhood than the others. He’s from Bloomfield Hills, a rather tony suburb of Detroit, and one of the very richest zip codes in the USA. The average household income in Bloomfield Hills is probably around five times what you’d find in St. Clair, in the “Thumb” of Eastern Michigan, where I believe Motte and Truscott are from. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

Truscott ends the night with 1 SOG and +3. 

Can’t complain with that, although in an 8-1 win, nearly every Wolverine was a plus for the night. Still, in limited minutes, Truscott was tied for a team best +3, and made 4 shot attempts (one on goal), so not bad. I didn’t have time to watch, but people who did are saying that he didn’t stand out (in the good way), so sounds like a solid enough debut.

22 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Interestingly enough, Truscott's teammate Kent Johnson played on the fourth line for Michigan had a 4 assist debut.  He is a 18 year old freshmen and went undrafted this past draft, and is from Port Moody BC, having a prolific BCHL career. Someone to keep an eye on for sure along with Truscott.

You sure he was eligible?

Seems crazy that a player that put up over 100 points in the BCHL would go undrafted.

For comparison Ethan Bowen (BCHL) went to Anaheim in the 7th round only had 31 points.

His game must be really raw.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

You sure he was eligible?

Seems crazy that a player that put up over 100 points in the BCHL would go undrafted.

For comparison Ethan Bowen (BCHL) went to Anaheim in the 7th round only had 31 points.

His game must be really raw.

Ah yes you are correct, he is actually 2021 eligible, just had a late birthday haha, so I thought he went undrafted.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Finished with the 1 assist.

Also had 1 blocked shot, 4 shot attempts (3 SOG), and, at least according the the stats sheet, actually took one faceoff (which he lost).

What I take from that is that he was probably a guy trusted on a 5 on 3 situation where the forward got waived out. So while his offense is nice to see, I'm glad to see that his defensive game is respected for one of the tougher assignments.