The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Viktor Persson | D

GoldenAlien

|   6'2"   |   192 lbs

Shoots | Right

Born | 2001-11-07

Draft | 2020 Round 7 #191 Overall by Vancouver Canucks

1753365889_ScreenShot2020-10-07at6_40_21PM.thumb.png.dee271d5da5ce67890d290cce9a64a6f.png

Ranked #95 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #231 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #42 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #44 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)

There is so much more to Persson's game offensively than his point totals would indicate. A big part of his success comes from his abilities as a distributor. He makes good calls on when to join the rush or play with a more passive posture. Persson maintains a high work rate, with active feet and smart skating patterns, ensuring he's always open to receive a pass. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

From Blazers' GM:

“We are excited to be able to add a player like Viktor to our organization,” said General Manager Matt Bardsley. “He is a mobile defenseman who is willing to lead or join the rush and brings the qualities we look for in a Kamloops Blazers defenseman.”

“He has good offensive upside while providing a steady presence in his own end,” Bardsley continued. “We feel with his age and experience that he will be able to contribute right away.”

From the CHL Import Draft:

“I talked to the coaches and it sounds really good, just how they see the game,” said Persson, who admires the skills of Swedish defenceman John Klingberg, who plays for the Dallas Stars. “They seem to have really good development and focus on the players. Development is No. 1 and I’ve also heard great things about the organization.”

“I’m a big guy, I like to play physical, pretty fast, I would say, and I like to join the offensive rush,” Persson said. “I’m excited to come over and show what I’ve got.”

Edited by GoldenAlien
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Replying to
191. VANCOUVER. Viktor Persson D. Two-way defenseman with good size. Likes to join the attack and plays powerful. Nothing elite is in his game but he is a player you notice when he plays. Was suppose to play in the WHL but is back in junior in SWE for now.

Note: someone teach me how to embed tweets please :)

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:
Replying to
191. VANCOUVER. Viktor Persson D. Two-way defenseman with good size. Likes to join the attack and plays powerful. Nothing elite is in his game but he is a player you notice when he plays. Was suppose to play in the WHL but is back in junior in SWE for now.

Note: someone teach me how to embed tweets please :)

Do you copy the link directly out of Twitter, like this:

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You've omitted the question mark! Seriously, if he's Blazin' in BC, might develop into a hazy, lazy hippy?

@luckylager might have important analysis on this...

Fine with me if he lights up some BC grown bud while holding our Stanley Cup some day. Lol.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1