The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Canada Unveils New Heritage Jersey

Rate this topic

Fanuck

On 10/8/2020 at 1:22 PM, BCNate said:

Looks like something you get in a Gastown gift shop.  I despise it.

While I don't despise it, I agree with your take on it.  My initial impression was it looks like a knock-off that you would find online somewhere, or in an EA NHL game when they don't have the rights to the National teams' jerseys.

If they wanted to go vintage, they should have gone with the Canada Cup jerseys.  But this one has always been my favourite:

image.png.1868daef922f7a49d28e8c77ce3df6ba.png

Just now, goalie13 said:

While I don't despise it, I agree with your take on it.  My initial impression was it looks like a knock-off that you would find online somewhere, or in an EA NHL game when they don't have the rights to the National teams' jerseys.

If they wanted to go vintage, they should have gone with the Canada Cup jerseys.  But this one has always been my favourite:

Ageed.  Just do this (minus the blue):

Legends of Hockey - Spotlight - Team Canada - 1987 Canada Cup

Edited by BCNate
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:28 PM, goalie13 said:

Yeah, at least in photos I prefer the different designs and trims to add some flair, plus the leaf logo with the hockey player is beautiful.
It's also too simple IMO have just red, with white "Canada" and the cuff trim.