The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators sign Matt Benning

Good we need to start bringIng our own guys along and getting them to the show and stop filling up with plugs. 
Rafferty  oj saunter briesbois Chatterfield  rathbone I know I’m missing some of the not so young prospects we’ve had  the farm For a few years now, 

rhd I know Yet other teams seem to manage without being Overly  obsessed about having rhd.

some in here would take a downgrade because he’s A rhd instead of playing the superior lefty.

1 minute ago, Tracksuit said:

Good we need to start bringIng our own guys along and getting them to the show and stop filling up with plugs. 
Rafferty  oj saunter briesbois Chatterfield  rathbone I know I’m missing some of the not so young prospects we’ve had  the farm For a few years now, 

rhd I know Yet other teams seem to manage without being Overly  obsessed about having rhd.

some in here would take a downgrade because he’s A rhd instead of playing the superior lefty.

4 of the 6 you name are LHD - and if Juolevi earns a spot - then you're proposing to pair him -or Hughes - with another rookie?

sign a couple RHD

- and don't mistake guys like Benning for a "plug"

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Most likely it wasn't an avenue for Matt or the Canucks given possible nepotism distractions.  I'm sure JB would love a player like Matt

yeah - it would probably be awkward and could be considered a conflict of interest - but really, Benning is a good depth D imo - I'd take him at a million, and if I were ownership I wouldn't question it for a second.  The optics outside though...maybe not worth the distraction, but there have been 'family ties' in various NHL situations..ie in Edmonton where Benning just left...Kevin/Keegan Lowe....

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah - it would probably be awkward and could be considered a conflict of interest - but really, Benning is a good depth D imo - I'd take him at a million, and if I were ownership I wouldn't question it for a second.  The optics outside though...maybe not worth the distraction, but there have been 'family ties' in various NHL situations..ie in Edmonton where Benning just left...Kevin/Keegan Lowe....

Dude, Matt Benning was the guy I wanted, esp if Tanev doesn't come back.  But like you say, I think it could have become awkward having your uncle as the GM.  Ah well, too bad.