The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Christopher Tanev

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Savard would surely be a decent get as long as we don't pay much as he has 1 year left on his contract.

Not even going to begin to get my hopes up on Pietrangelo.

Harmonic would be a decent replacement, though I consider him an downgrade,  he could be a good placeholder 

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Savard would surely be a decent get as long as we don't pay much as he has 1 year left on his contract.

Not even going to begin to get my hopes up on Pietrangelo.

This might make Benning more desperate to move cap. We'll have to see tomorrow.

JB better get some def replacements, or u can say GOOD BYE to any cup chances right now, our DEF is horrible and was one of the worse in the league , 45+ shots a game is horrible .

TANEV gave his body and soul to VAN , and JB let him walk, is pathetic .....and alot fo the good def are getting swallowed up by other teams 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Alright with this myself. Hope CT does well, but not against us.

He gave us a great decade's work..quality character, & excellent influence/example for our next young wave of talent.

It's time to move forward, with a little more size & bite on the blueline.

It’s okay we know Tanevs weakness in net. ::D

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Markstrom has been one of the better goalies in the league the past 1.5 years or so.

Tanev has been one of the best shutdown D-men in the league the past 6 years or so.

I'm not saying they're going to look great at the back-end of their respective contracts but their performance shouldn't dip too far down the next few years ago while Calgary thinks they can win. Calgary got better today, there's no denying that.

If both players were in their mid 20s and didn’t have an extensive list of injuries, I’d agree. 

I see them as declining assets at this point. That’s just me though. 

• Upvote 2