The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Tyson Barrie

Just now, DrJockitch said:

who is next on Bennings list.  

May be a good idea to circle back around on Stetcher.

Just hope he doesn't make ill advised move to fill that spot. 

Having some cap space is quickly getting to be a valuable commodity.

A Ristolainen trade is all of a sudden looking pretty appealing.

Wonder what he’d cost.

• Upvote 1

Just now, peaches5 said:

He is the guy I think we could acquire but I have a feeling it will cost like a 2nd and Juolevi or something similar.

I’d do that deal.

Benning was likely going to trade those pieces for OEL plus a lot more.

We badly need a top 4 D.

That is a good deal for EDM if true. I dont mind him going elsewhere. Didn’t look like he was going to be a fit here anyways. 
Jim has been true to his word and he said we need size, skating and offense from the back-end and Barrie doesn’t fit the bill.

I trust GMJB that there is a good deal to be made and he’ll make it work.

Edited by Spoosh

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Stecher could be a “low rent Tanev.” Owns the lowest GA/60 of any regular Canucks Dman the past several years, while also having one of the lowest offensive zone starts rates on the team. Stech just gets results on the defensive side of the puck. He’s quietly posted what’s been arguable the best defensive impact of any of our Dmen in recent years. And similar results on the PK.

Haha...

:frantic:

omg...Bennig gonna overpayz for Barrie!!

signs a 1 yr deal... $4 million.  I wouldn't have matched - but hard to call a 4 million deal an overpayment in the end.

Better fit in Edmonton.

Klefbom was their powerplay quarterback (and was also their lead penalty killer)  - Barrie might uptick on OK's 16 pp assists and 18 pts....

Anyhow - wasn't buying the drama that Benning was going to overpay - and replace Tanev with Barrie - that was..well, some good old-fashioned reactionary CDC drama.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A Ristolainen trade is all of a sudden looking pretty appealing.

Wonder what he’d cost.

Isn't Ristolainen getting absolutely caved in in Buffalo and the fans are all champing at the bit to drive him to the airport? Legitimate question, that was the last I heard from Buff fans, but maybe I'm confusing Risto for someone else.

honestly loving free agency this year, excited to see what benning does with the cap now.

so glad tanev and stecher and marky signed elsewhere, looks like benning is a man of his word when he said he wants to bring in new bodies to the defense.

also glad barrie is gone.

i dont think we will get pietrangelo but i assume we will get some d as a cap dump maybe nate schmidt or someone like that!

honestly loving free agency this year, excited to see what benning does with the cap now.

so glad tanev and stecher and marky signed elsewhere, looks like benning is a man of his word when he said he wants to bring in new bodies to the defense.

also glad barrie is gone.

i dont think we will get pietrangelo but i assume we will get some d as a cap dump maybe nate schmidt or someone like that!

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Isn't Ristolainen getting absolutely caved in in Buffalo and the fans are all champing at the bit to drive him to the airport? Legitimate question, that was the last I heard from Buff fans, but maybe I'm confusing Risto for someone else.

He is apparently always on the trade block but I know Ralph Krueger likes him... He doesn't want to trade but the GM might think otherwise.