The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] LeBrun: Hoffman fielding interest from 5-6 teams, including NSH & FLA

Just now, DeNiro said:

The Canucks have kicked more tires than a used car salesman.

But ultimately some impatient fans here will ask, "Why hasn't he signed anyone yet? He's probably eating DONUTS WITH NONIS. FIRE BENNING!!!!"

or some people will go the fatalistic route, "Why can't Vancouver attract free agents?"

There's really no way to make people happy. I bet even if we win the Stanley Cup next year, some ppl will still talk about Eriksson.

• Cheers 4

As long as Hoffman pots 20 and his girlfriend starts harassing all the significant others belonging to the bad contracts on this team (thus, leading them to request a trade/retire), I'm in.

Rare win/win.  You love to see it.

• Haha 3
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

I hope not! Virtanen needs this chance to fill that spot in the top six. If he doesn’t put it together look for other options.

Why. Did he earn it? Did he put in the work? Is he partying in kelowna rn? Did he show up in the playoffs? IMO Baretschi is more deserved of a chance to come back. 

Virtanen can waste in the bottom 6 until he gets his act together or washes out. I wouldnt want to subject Bo or Pete to having a linemate they cant count on night out. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

But ultimately some impatient fans here will ask, "Why hasn't he signed anyone yet? He's probably eating DONUTS WITH NONIS. FIRE BENNING!!!!"

or some people will go the fatalistic route, "Why can't Vancouver attract free agents?"

There's really no way to make people happy. I bet even if we win the Stanley Cup next year, some ppl will still talk about Eriksson.

Of course, he scored the GWG after a number of injuries bring him back into the line up. Wouldn't you talk about him too?

1 hour ago, Whalespray said:

Why. Did he earn it? Did he put in the work? Is he partying in kelowna rn? Did he show up in the playoffs? IMO Baretschi is more deserved of a chance to come back. 

Virtanen can waste in the bottom 6 until he gets his act together or washes out. I wouldnt want to subject Bo or Pete to having a linemate they cant count on night out. 

I get your frustration. If you give him a real chance in the top six, he might surprise you!

He maybe did not earn it but maybe more responsibility will help him mature. 

Not every player grows the same way. 

8 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I get your frustration. If you give him a real chance in the top six, he might surprise you!

He maybe did not earn it but maybe more responsibility will help him mature. 

Not every player grows the same way. 

Nobody grows by being handed a fish. 

As I said I wouldnt want to subject Pete or Bo to having a linemate that shows up one night and disappears the next. 

6 minutes ago, Whalespray said:

Nobody grows by being handed a fish. 

As I said I wouldnt want to subject Pete or Bo to having a linemate that shows up one night and disappears the next. 

I get it. Virtanen was on pace for a good year. Give him a shot. We deserve to see it as fans.

If we have the cap to sign a top six forward it needs to be Granlund without question.  Horvat and Pearson are both hard nosed scorers.  They need a pick distributor like Granlund setting them up.  He’s only 28 and just didn’t gel with Nashville.  Other than that he’s a 60-65 point winger.  Perfect fit and likely at discount now.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If we have the cap to sign a top six forward it needs to be Granlund without question.  Horvat and Pearson are both hard nosed scorers.  They need a pick distributor like Granlund setting them up.  He’s only 28 and just didn’t gel with Nashville.  Other than that he’s a 60-65 point winger.  Perfect fit and likely at discount now.

Wouldn’t mind Granlund. Might be able to pick him up for a bargain. Could fit onto the top six well. Why didn’t he fit in at Nashville? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I'm impartial honestly.

I wouldn't mind trading Pearson and signing one of these two. Would be an upgrade imo.

Granlund seems like he would be a good playmaking winger next to Horvat. Leivo or Virtanen on the left and bam maybe we save a few $ with a 1 year show me deal while upgrading a bit.