The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Vladislav Namestnikov

20 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well for a start having a 2 million Namestikov and his offensive production sure looks better than a 3 million Beagle 

Is Namestikov a 59% faceoff winning, top PKer that adds physicality to our 4th line? But I guess points are everything. Namestikov would more likely be replacing Gaudette's role and even Gaudette has outperformed him offensively this season. There's a reason he's been on 4 teams over the course of this year/season.

I met his father a couple of times when he played for us (I thought he'd played more than 35 games over 3 years, but no).   Always liked him, but he was much more prolific in the minors than in his career 43 NHL games.  Son has moved around,  but I don't see him worth $2 million.  Would be a good comparable for Jake, though

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Signs Namestikov, Stecher and Ryan. Better than Vancouver soon with these additions after being one of the worst teams in the league last season. Right.

People complain for years for Benning to now make UFA signings anymore and now are freaking out because we aren't making UFA signings. Even more funny that they think that Benning is done already for the offseason leaving a gaping hole on RD and filling it with Benn and Chatfield/Rafferty.

Macewan, Motte, Holtby

Or

Stecher, Ryan, Namestnikov

:emot-parrot:

Forgot 

Why is namestnikov on his 5th team in 7 years?

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Teams
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Is Namestikov a 59% faceoff winning, top PKer that adds physicality to our 4th line? But I guess points are everything. Namestikov would more likely be replacing Gaudette's role and even Gaudette has outperformed him offensively this season. There's a reason he's been on 4 teams over the course of this year/season.

I get points aren't everything but as many hockey experts have said. You don't need to overspend on 4th line players since there are likely others than play that role effectively without over paying them. 

10 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I get points aren't everything but as many hockey experts have said. You don't need to overspend on 4th line players since there are likely others than play that role effectively without over paying them. 

Beagle was signed pre-covid, during the years we were a poor team. We wanted one of the best in that area to shield the young players from playing the hard minutes and have the Cup winning experience. As much as Malhotra helped with our faceoffs, having a quality faceoff guy like Beagle (even before Maholtra) for Horvat (and others) to match up against every day in practice is invaluable. Beagle while costing maybe 500k more than he should be paid was and still is a quality acquisition that it was worth bringing him here at that extra cost.

Namestikov isn't even a comparison really. And like I said, he would be more comparable to Gaudette's role here and I'd take Gaudette over Namestikov.