The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens sign Tyler Toffoli

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dammit.  Really liked what he brought.

I hope the next update we get is that we've brought someone in.

Laine?? :bigblush:

I live in Montreal and all the TSN folks have been saying the Habs were big on acquiring Laine. Maybe the Nucks are swooping (I doubt it but I can dream).

• Vintage 1

I know he wasn't fully healed during the playoffs, but maybe the canucks are holding it against him for being a ghost after game 1 in the vegas series.  I don't necessarily mind letting him go cause it frees up a top 6 spot for hoglander! I'd love to see him play with Petey next season.

9 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Fire Benning, we have up madden and a 2nd for 17 games

We wouldn't be in this position with all of our elite youth without Jim. He gets a pass on this one as sad as it is to see him go. We will have Podz and Hogz in the big club to start 2021-22. Our can survive with a middle 6 signing and a top 4 D acquisition via trade. Give jim time.   We might get some real nice pickups at next years TDL.   These deals will go beyond this year.

In Benning we trust. Have to trust he can get us seriously contending in 2021-22. Lets see what he can do. he has all summer. (aka nov/dec)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

I don't know about minimal effort, he spent a fair amount of time talking with all of them from the sounds of it. I agree he must have something else planned though, perhaps with an addition to the RHD.

By minimal effort what I really mean is he  obviously hasn’t budged on term. He’s let them walk and get their money. I’m ok with this if there’s some sort of trade happening. Otherwise I don’t think it helps us especially on defence with our young guys 

Just now, Darkstar said:

Benning put all his eggs in one basket (OEL) and ended up burning bridges with all his pending UFA’s. the fact that it’s been radio silence from him is telling.

He's probably a little busy right now....although tough to tell by all the non signings...