The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Moving on from Jim Benning

AV.

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Doesn't matter if they would sign or not.  The point is that you can offer similar free-agents of the same nature /same clout to those type of deals.

good, yes you can *attempt to sign them, but they will still sign with detroit to pump thier numbers

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Because literally everybody in the NHL knows he's a bottom-pairing defender.  He's a useful player, just not at 6M and 6 years.

Flash-forward to March 2020. Three-quarters of a season in, Myers is having an excellent first year with the Canucks – good enough to have renowned analytics experts like Thomas Drance describing him as “the guy who has been second-best of the Canucks’ defenders [in 2019/20].”

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/03/02/tyler-myers-vs-advanced-stats/

It doesn't actually praise him all that much, actually. But your statement "literally everybody in the NHL" is refuted right here by Thomas Drance.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It does. Why should a team sign for 2 M in a place they don't want to play when they can get 1.5 M somewhere else, and maybe even tax free? Example cities: Tampa/FLA, Vegas.

What's your point here?

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

Flash-forward to March 2020. Three-quarters of a season in, Myers is having an excellent first year with the Canucks – good enough to have renowned analytics experts like Thomas Drance describing him as “the guy who has been second-best of the Canucks’ defenders [in 2019/20].”

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/03/02/tyler-myers-vs-advanced-stats/

It doesn't actually praise him all that much, actually. But your statement "literally everybody in the NHL" is refuted right here by Thomas Drance.

Ok but is he worth 6x6M?  Would other teams pay that?

• Huggy Bear 1

What's your point here?

My point is that you have no point. You don't even know what you're talking about. You have no idea about a player's preferences to sign with a team, and what affects people's prices when they sign here.

Plus you still have never address my rebuttals, as expected. You lost your argument, a long time ago buddy. No amount of delaying/playing dumb is going to change that. Your bias makes you incapable to having a rational discussion in hockey. Go log off. You don't belong here.

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

good, yes you can *attempt to sign them, but they will still sign with detroit to pump thier numbers

Are you saying they wouldn't have been able to pump their numbers in Vancouver?

Like, did the Thomas Vanek in Vancouver thing not happen or something?

• Huggy Bear 1

Ok but is he worth 6x6M?  Would other teams pay that?

The article says that according to a reputable expert, Myers played good enough to be the second best defender for the Canucks. THAT is more than enough to answer your question.

It doesn't matter what YOU think because you're not an expert. And neither am I. I linked a source that invalidates your point though. Keep trolling though.'

He doesn't piss me off. I know he's being a little baby though. I'm just riling him up so much now. I'm making him invalidate himself, and he can't win.

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

i can tell and he said it. just stop man your pissing everyone off

Edited by Dazzle

Are you saying they wouldn't have been able to pump their numbers in Vancouver?

Like, did the Thomas Vanek in Vancouver thing not happen or something?

yes, thats what im exactly saying. your comprehension level is really low. maybe you need to take a break?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The article says that according to a reputable expert, Myers played good enough to be the second best defender for the Canucks. THAT is more than enough to answer your question.

It doesn't matter what YOU think because you're not an expert. And neither am I. I linked a source that invalidates your point though. Keep trolling though.

That doesn't mean anything.  It says more about how bad the Canucks defence really is if anything.

• Huggy Bear 1

So, should a team in two years offer Eriksson 6.5M because he made 6M on his last contract?

Lmfao... I'm honestly glad you're typing this. I really am. You're getting so frustrated that you don't even make sense anymore, even though you think you do.

That doesn't mean anything.  It says more about how bad the Canucks defence really is if anything.

Yeah, and who's fault was that? Benning or Gillis?

Gillis because he didn't develop a defenceman through this time? I think so.

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

the fact you cant seem to follow every one of my questions with a question, like hello dude we know your a troll just go away now

It's okay. We can see his true colours here when he knows he's losing. What a baby.