The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Does it have to be this year? I think we have a solid 7 forwards this coming season at least. Next offseason we can get a top winger 

Its a flat cap so Cap problems for at least a bunch more years til we got room. I think its 2025 the flat Cap ends.

Need cheap young highend talent in your system. 

Edited by HockeyHarry

On 6/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, Canuckster86 said:

I would like to point out Montreal also has a team full of larger body players, so they might get away with a smaller couple players because if you go after them you have: Anderson, Weber, Edmundson, Perry, Chariot, Petry, Armia and maybe some other players that will either come after you and drop the gloves or lay out you or one of your teammates as a response.

Canucks don't have the same type of bodies on our roster so having more undersized players leaves us more vulnerable to other teams taking liberties against our players

I think you bring up a really good point. We've seen how Hughes got bullied by LV in the last playoffs. We've also seen Petey get beat up too. The lack of size has always been a concern for these players, but them being elite players, they find a way around it.

I think players like Sergachev and Caulfield, both of whom have their own deficiencies, may or may not flourish on the Canucks in the same ways that they have for their respective teams.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hell yeah!  

Bo Horvat was drafted 9th overall 

Nils Hoglander was drafted 40th overall  

....  by yours truly, Mr. Benning! 

Can we just have an early draft?  I can't wait any longer! 

Horvat was actually drafted by Gillis, who traded away Schneider.

It's one of the few picks that actually have done anything good to this franchise. Everyone else was either injured or they did not suit up for the Canucks in any meaningful way. With that kind of track record, no wonder why our prospect pool was never really filled up, but actually emptied.

10 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Is Peeke a better prospect than Rafferty? Or Woo?  Based on numbers, I wouldn't say so.  We need another top 10 ELC talent more imho

At this stage is Rafferty a prospect but a career AHL player who may get an occasional call to plug a spot in an injury he’s 26 and not really cracked it.

I know D men can take longer but he is hitting his prime and still isn’t making it 

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

At this stage is Rafferty a prospect but a career AHL player who may get an occasional call to plug a spot in an injury he’s 26 and not really cracked it.

I know D men can take longer but he is hitting his prime and still isn’t making it 

Point is Peeke is not enough of an upgrade, not whether Rafferty can be called a prospect.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Here's a teaser: COL's last need is a top 'tender.

IF they offered Newhook AND Byram, for Demko & some middling prospect(in other words, a huuge haul), would JB ever accept?

Feels like your robbing Peter to pay Paul here.

I liked Newhook alot in his draft year, he could drive play on a middle 6 line, but this deal ultimately boils down to Byram for Demko. Does that make us better?

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

1st round Canucks will not get RHD.

Canucks need a TOP end scoring Winger imo. That can only be found high in the draft.

Just curious, which wingers would you like to see the Canucks target?

As far as guys that might still be on the board, Guenther, Sillinger and Lysell really jump out for me. 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Feels like your robbing Peter to pay Paul here.

I liked Newhook alot in his draft year, he could drive play on a middle 6 line, but this deal ultimately boils down to Byram for Demko. Does that make us better?

I throw highly-touted names around, but have seen very little of any jr players in recent yrs.

People often say gt's don't fetch high returns. I wouldn't trade Thatcher, think he's brilliant. But sorta' curious if JB has ever received a WOW! offer for TD?

It wouldn't surprise me. Many GM's prob know this guy is quite the gem, at such a key position.

• Cheers 1