The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

I've seen some lists that have Hughes at #8 and 9, and from what I understand he isn't as good as his brothers, inconsistent defensively. Could he be the Keith Gretzky of the Hughes family?  

EDIT - Okay, that was a bit harsh, as I'm sure Luke will be much better than Keith, who never made it to the NHL. Not a fair comparison. But, I do wonder if it's possible he falls, especially with some forwards rising in the rankings. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe they should target the players with the best bloodlines -  Luke Hughes, Mason McTavish, Cole Sillinger

Don't forget Cole Cassels, Jordan Subban, etc.

Also, McTavish's dad is Dale McTavish in case you didn't know. Craig is a MacTavish assuming that's who you believe his bloodline to be.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've seen some lists that have Hughes at #8 and 9, and from what I understand he isn't as good as his brothers, inconsistent defensively. Could he be the Keith Gretzky of the Hughes family?  

Maybe more like Jared Staal or as referenced above Jordan Subban. Both these guys were hyped up to be the "best of the brothers" too I believe. Curious if there are any "3rd brother" that has actually done well in the league...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe more like Jared Staal or as referenced above Jordan Subban. Both these guys were hyped up to be the "best of the brothers" too I believe. Curious if there are any "3rd brother" that has actually done well in the league...

The Stastney's!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

My best guess at the moment how the draft plays out:

1. Power

2. Beniers

3. Clarke

4. Hughes

5. Eklund

6. Edvinsson 

7. Guenther

8. Johnson 

9. McTavish

I’m good with any of those 9 or Wallstadt. Don’t want anyone else with that pick. 

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I don’t think taking Jenner at that cap hit to play on our 3rd line is a good idea

why?

he's good on face offs, plays physical and can provide some offence. Seems like a great solution to our 3C problem to me. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why?

he's good on face offs, plays physical and can provide some offence. Seems like a great solution to our 3C problem to me. 

Cost effectiveness isn’t there for me, seen a lot of Jenner game. Him

in the playoff is just slightly better than Jake. And he on a downward trend also