The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Him or Trochek are good with me.

Jenner's on a cheaper deal, but Trochek probably has more offensive upside. I guess it depends what Jim and Green have planned for fit. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

Cost effectiveness isn’t there for me, seen a lot of Jenner game. Him

in the playoff is just slightly better than Jake. And he on a downward trend also

just to be clear, are you comparing Virtanen to Jenner? 

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

My best guess at the moment how the draft plays out:

1. Power

2. Beniers

3. Clarke

4. Hughes

5. Eklund

6. Edvinsson 

7. Guenther

8. Johnson 

9. McTavish

Really glad the Canucks didn't drop in the lottery.  Like GMJB said, I think there's a really good Top 9.  Maybe Top 10.

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

is he a better play driver than miller?

I would think he'd be more on the defensive end than Miller.

So it really depends on what Benning is looking at doing, more of a change to a higher scoring 3rd line or more of a harder checking line. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe more like Jared Staal or as referenced above Jordan Subban. Both these guys were hyped up to be the "best of the brothers" too I believe. Curious if there are any "3rd brother" that has actually done well in the league...

Duane Sutter did pretty well.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's VAN's turn to pick.

Johnson, Lysell, Lambos, Lucius, Svechkov, Raty and Sillinger are left.

What does Jim do? 

Johnson or Lysell.

I would lean on Gradin on that one. If he sees another Pettersson in Lysell it’s a no brainer.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Johnson or Lysell.

I would lean on Gradin on that one. If he sees another Pettersson in Lysell it’s a no brainer.

Yes, probably a great pick at #10. The Hockey Writers final draft rankings have Lysell at #5. Lysell with Pettersson or Hoglander, could be very exciting hockey.

• Like 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, probably a great pick at #10. The Hockey Writers final draft rankings have Lysell at #5. Lysell with Pettersson or Hoglander, could be very exciting hockey.

Very dynamic line for sure.

The question would be is it too soft? 

Im all for building a skilled roster but as all the teams who are having success are showing you need a balance.

Maybe that means McTavish or Guenther are the better pick for us now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Very dynamic line for sure.

The question would be is it too soft? 

Im all for building a skilled roster but as all the teams who are having success are showing you need a balance.

Maybe that means McTavish or Guenther are the better pick for us now.

Lysell definitely doesn't play soft. Like Hoglander, he's small (albeit he has a different build) but isn't a soft player. 

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Lysell definitely doesn't play soft. Like Hoglander, he's small (albeit he has a different build) but isn't a soft player. 

Size does still matter in the playoffs though. Nice that he doesnt play soft but he clearly doesn’t have the size.

What happens when we’re getting shut down by a team with big defensemen? That’s when you need a big body player to get in on the forecheck.

Look at how Colorado and Vegas’ top lines are built. All skilled players but they’re big and strong too.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think we make that pick unless we trade down.

Too much chance he ends up being a third liner.

His floor is probably a 3rd liner. He could just as easily be a dynamic two way first line center. Could have chemistry with Podkolzin for the Russian connection, but also be skilled enough to play alongside the likes on Petey (if he can't get his faceoff game going and is bumped to wing).

A lot of those skilled offensive guys could be top 6 players, but they also could be complete duds if not given the offensive opportunity (they would have to earn it). I would think McTavish is more likely to be a 3rd liner and yet many on here would welcome him. I just think Svechkov in comparison gives up some physicality, but has higher offensive upside than McTavish.

• Upvote 1