The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Luke has been playing RD... And the marketing opportunities of having 2 Hughes could sway that. Never mind a lot of scouts having Hughes ahead of Clarke. Could see NJD taking Hughes there in your mock.

CBJ needs everything so who knows but if he makes it there, or to DET...I think that's our sweet spot for a potential trade. And moving from 9 to 5 or 6 shouldn't be to cost prohibitive.

That said, I'm fine just taking 9th OA, seeing who's there and shooting for RD later, trying to trade for one, waiting until '22 UFA etc. We don't need to force it.

CBJ is forever needing a #1C.  I think they'll try to get Beniers.  If he's taken, they'll probably go for McTavish (recency bias).

Just now, BPA said:

CBJ is forever needing a #1C.  I think they'll try to get Beniers.  If he's taken, they'll probably go for McTavish (recency bias).

McTavish seems a bit of a reach at 5... But who the hell knows with this draft? :lol: Maybe they'd be comfortable moving down to 9 though in that case...?

It's going to be an interesting draft!

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

McTavish seems a bit of a reach at 5... But who the hell knows with this draft? :lol: Maybe they'd be comfortable moving down to 9 though in that case...?

It's going to be an interesting draft!

From what I read, not much difference in the Tier 2 players.  So from 5th to 9th is a mere 4 spots.  I think CBJ is desperate for a #1C.  They just traded away PLD.  So thinking they want a C in this draft.  Unless they can net a #1C in free agency or through a Jones trade.

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

From what I read, not much difference in the Tier 2 players.  So from 5th to 9th is a mere 4 spots.  I think CBJ is desperate for a #1C.  They just traded away PLD.  So thinking they want a C in this draft.  Unless they can net a #1C in free agency or through a Jones trade.

If I was them I'd probably take one of Edvinsson/Hughes/Clarke and trade Jones for the C. 

They'll still have Werenski.

Edited by aGENT
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think we could get another second rounder if we trade down a few spots with our first.  Maybe 9OA for 14OA + 46OA, or something similar? 

For sure but it seems like Jim likes someone at 9. I want to trade Lind for TOs 2nd.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

For sure but it seems like Jim likes someone at 9. I want to trade Lind for TOs 2nd.

You spell Jenner funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That would be a great trade for us, and the Leafs need guys on ELCs in their bottom six.  

• Vintage 1
Just now, Alflives said:

Could we get Boone for Lind?  How much do we add?  

No idea. But I'd do Lind + something smaller for him in a heartbeat.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Could we get Boone for Lind?  How much do we add?  

Id trade Lind AND our 2nd for Jenner. 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jenner is exactly what we need tho. I think CBJ values him higher than that.

I dont but who knows. Offer lind and a 4th then the back n forth happens lol 

really dont wanna lose a 2nd tbh

Its Jim. We all know that 2nd already belongs to someone else.

I don’t think taking Jenner at that cap hit to play on our 3rd line is a good idea

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I don’t think taking Jenner at that cap hit to play on our 3rd line is a good idea

Send Roussel along to balance cap ::D

• Like 1

I've seen some lists that have Hughes at #8 and 9, and from what I understand he isn't as good as his brothers, inconsistent defensively. Could he be the Keith Gretzky of the Hughes family?  

EDIT - Okay, that was a bit harsh, as I'm sure Luke will be much better than Keith, who never made it to the NHL. Not a fair comparison. But, I do wonder if it's possible he falls, especially with some forwards rising in the rankings. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe they should target the players with the best bloodlines -  Luke Hughes, Mason McTavish, Cole Sillinger

Don't forget Cole Cassels, Jordan Subban, etc.

Also, McTavish's dad is Dale McTavish in case you didn't know. Craig is a MacTavish assuming that's who you believe his bloodline to be.

• Thanks 1